ADVERTISEMENT

Buie played an excellent game

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
One of his best all-around games I've seen. He stayed under control, made good decisions, and made shots. Amid all the frustration of losing this very winnable and much needed game, he came to play and seems to have his moxie back. Also good games from Nance and Kopp, those are are the three stalwarts we need to perform well to win, and Young played a good game too. The sloppy turnovers were uncharacteristic but that's one of Penn State's hallmarks so give them credit for some good defense on those as well as poor decisions on our part. Beran also looked better tonight, wish he would've taken more shots (like the last one).

Do we have a game plan for any given night? Or just a script and let things roll?

Is it an unwritten rule that if you hit a few baskets in a row you go sit on the bench? Like Buie did in the 1st? And Young in the 2nd? Or is it just what was scripted?

I did enjoy the 3-4 minutes Young and Nance played together in the 1st half. CC must have been asleep. Defense was a joy to watch, PSU trying to get in the paint and there was Nance on help defense instead of dragged out of the paint. The ball went inside a few times on offense. So nice.

Then CC must have realized the mistake, took Young out, Nance committed a foul and Young got off the bench to replace him. Run the script baby, it’s working.

One of his best all-around games I've seen. He stayed under control, made good decisions, and made shots. Amid all the frustration of losing this very winnable and much needed game, he came to play and seems to have his moxie back. Also good games from Nance and Kopp, those are are the three stalwarts we need to perform well to win, and Young played a good game too. The sloppy turnovers were uncharacteristic but that's one of Penn State's hallmarks so give them credit for some good defense on those as well as poor decisions on our part. Beran also looked better tonight, wish he would've taken more shots (like the last one).
Maybe his mother should attend all of his games!

Reactions: GatoLouco
MC: I had the same thought. But, it also scared me. You just gave a measure of favorable reviews (with reason) for Buie, Nance, Kopp, Young and softly to Beran. And...we lost to Penn State. I worry that does note bode well for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT