ADVERTISEMENT

Call me crazy but we can still win any game left on our schedule

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
I know a lot of our fans are choosing pessimism this weekend. But, in true Warren Buffett fashion, it’s time to veer the other way and choose optimism! The truth is that we can’t get any worse - instead of selling this Cats team, it’s time to buy.

I think the Purdoodoo game is still our best chance at a win. I could share the logic why, but this is more of a rah rah post.

But OSU, Minnesota, and Illannoy could also be toppled. Each of them has looked great for most of the season, but mediocre in certain games. We can beat them if they play down. This team was almost within a score of a top 20 PSU squad.

This team is only a good day away from a victory - maybe four good days away from four in a row to make a bowl!

Go Cats! Beat the Buckeyes!

comin-yeahaa-jack.gif

You are crazy. Iowa is ass and they destroyed us. This is a 1-11 team, with only Scott Frost's incompetence standing between us and 0-12. I take no pleasure in being right bit I said repeatedly at the beginning of the year that we were closer to 0-12 than 6-6.

Next year? Don't see any hope of improvement. We suck at the portal and our coaches are terrible

Sorry. I'm feeling quite negative.

Well, ESPN gives us a 1.6% chance on Sat (I think that's a bit high)
So that means we’d win 1 game out of 60 versus OSU.

I’d say 1 in 50 or even 1 in 40 sounds more fair. So sign me up!

Crazy
I know a lot of our fans are choosing pessimism this weekend. But, in true Warren Buffett fashion, it’s time to veer the other way and choose optimism! The truth is that we can’t get any worse - instead of selling this Cats team, it’s time to buy.

I think the Purdoodoo game is still our best chance at a win. I could share the logic why, but this is more of a rah rah post.

But OSU, Minnesota, and Illannoy could also be toppled. Each of them has looked great for most of the season, but mediocre in certain games. We can beat them if they play down. This team was almost within a score of a top 20 PSU squad.

This team is only a good day away from a victory - maybe four good days away from four in a row to make a bowl!

comin-yeahaa-jack.gif
😜

comin-yeahaa-jack.gif
It is the most optimistic you have ever been, great to see. It took us awhile to adjust to the end of the one platoon era under Ara and Alex, it took a great job by Barney to end the Dark Era, Walker found a way to compete, and Fitz has done wonders over 15 of the last 17 years. We now face a new era: NIL, expanded conference, and the god awful transfer portal. It took us some time to adjust to all the previous huge changes and we will figure this out as well. You have to believe in the NU Way.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Wouldn't it be a miracle if the Cats were to somehow defeat OSU? It would prove Fitz right, which if this were to happen, would be a good thing. Hope springs eternal (until the end of the first half).

Last edited:
It is the most optimistic you have ever been, great to see. It took us awhile to adjust to the end of the one platoon era under Ara and Alex, it took a great job by Barney to end the Dark Era, Walker found a way to compete, and Fitz has done wonders over 15 of the last 17 years. We now face a new era: NIL, expanded conference, and the god awful transfer portal. It took us some time to adjust to all the previous huge changes and we will figure this out as well. You have to believe in the NU Way.
It could be worse! We could be paying $95M for this:

comin-yeahaa-jack.gif
OK, You're crazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT