ADVERTISEMENT

CATS LAND QB HUNTER JOHNSON

Any back story, Lou? Other schools turned down? As 'Cats fans this just made perfect sense for everyone involved. Wonder if he always felt that way, too.

Congrats. Ultimately it seemed like Northwestern clearly was the place where he was guaranteed to be a starter from day 1. Duke and Purdue had to do a lot to overcome that seeing that they will both have SR QB's next year.

Good get for you guys

YAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Att'n WR recruits - the ball this guy throws will be where you can catch it!!!!

HUGE get on the credibility meter.

And we don't need you, Cale.
We likely would not have been in the mix if we still had Cale. Things work out for the best. If it counted in this years class, it would could put us top 10. Now haw about the top RB on our board to solidify the O for the next few years.

I believe he was looking at Purdue, since he’s from Indiana.
We also heard about a visit to Duke, even rumors about Texas. This situation had Northwestern written all over it from the beginning. But sometimes it's hard to know, because we're obviously biased.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
We likely would not have been in the mix if we still had Cale.

In the past when NU lost a player like Cale, it left NU shopping in the bargain basement. This year, NU was able to recruit an even better player. The sun shines at midday. All free spirits run riot.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
This could be a game changer! (New facility with a 5* QB) This should bring some national attention to the program!
I have my ESPN set to send me breaking news. NU is very, very rarely the subject of these. It is already making waves in the college football world. To be able to go straight from CT to Hunter Johnson is going to really be a pain for West Division DCs.

I had to check the calendar to make sure this wasn't April 1st. Wow. Go Cats. That is all.
I have to admit I thought the same thing. Or "Land Hunter Johnson (at O'Hare to come to Evanston to maybe turn us down)" or something like that. I can't believe it.

This could be a game changer! (New facility with a 5* QB) This should bring some national attention to the program!
Not just a 5 star QB but he was ranked number 1 or 2 at the position in his class (the most important position in college FB). Hopefully he gets his shot in a NC game.

Last edited:
This is remarkable news that would have been considered impossible a decade ago. I can only assume NU has agreed to add a slide to the Fitz Mahal in order make Mr. Johnson more at-home in his new surroundings.

What a get! - Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT