ADVERTISEMENT

Cats on the tube

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
Thursday, September 24, BTN, 1:30 PM Eastern, 2000 game versus Michigan, one hour condensed version, I won’t tell you who wins, you will have to watch for yourself

I was there watching the game with my brother. At the half he commented that the combined score would be over 100 at the end. The last few minutes had so many twists and turns- dropped pass in the end zone for sure td, sure first down turns into fumble, td pass, botched fg attempt to end the game. So much drama. An instant classic.

Reactions: zbag51
Thursday, September 24, BTN, 1:30 PM Eastern, 2000 game versus Michigan, one hour condensed version, I won’t tell you who wins, you will have to watch for yourself
That's a lot of condensing.

If someone misses a wide open catch for a go ahead TD late in the fourth, I’ll probably just turn it off, since I can’t stand to see us lose
I probably won't watch either. NU's offense in the past has tended to be unimaginative and boring.

Since being at that game, I had watched some highlights but not an extended replay like this. Watching today, I remembered how much officiating, both good and bad, affected how the game developed. Having not seen a replay, I didn’t know who the lead ref was, and while I recognize most B1G refs, I can’t place this guy at all. Anyone know who he was? This game had so many clunkers (the missed lateral on Michigan’s first drive, the offsides on the Cats’ first onside kick, to give one example for each side) I wonder if his tenure with the conference was short lived.

I do remember now commenting to the friend I was with at the game that it looked to me like they had blown a bunch of calls. The lineman downfield the nullified a touchdown with about 1:20 to go was a good call, though.

ESPNU airs all these 3-hour reruns that feel like you’re actually reliving the game. I love it.

BTN airs all these 1-hour reruns that are just a bunch of plays chopped together. They don’t capture the atmosphere at all. I really dislike them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT