ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Bedlam!

EvanstonCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
SEC worst nightmare

Michigan and Washington clearly in
Have to take FSU as undefeated conference champ

Georgia out as they didn’t win SEC - arguably dOSU has better resume or at least best loss.

Alabama SEC champ but they lost to B1G12 Champ Texas who barely lost on the road to OU. Bama needed a miracle to beat 6 win Auburn.

Can’t see how they put Bama in over the Horns if things are fair.

SEC might be on the outside looking in BWAHAHAHA.

SEC worst nightmare

Michigan and Washington clearly in
Have to take FSU as undefeated conference champ

Georgia out as they didn’t win SEC - arguably dOSU has better resume or at least best loss.

Alabama SEC champ but they lost to B1G12 Champ Texas who barely lost on the road to OU. Bama needed a miracle to beat 6 win Auburn.

Can’t see how they put Bama in over the Horns if things are fair.

SEC might be on the outside looking in BWAHAHAHA.

FSU may have the résumé, but I don’t think they’re one of the best four teams right now.

I think it is simple.

Washington - In
Michigan - In
Florida State - In

Final two "contestants" are respective champions Texas and Alabama.

Texas - In - They beat Alabama (in Alabama to boot).

I think that is logical.

I think it is simple.

Washington - In
Michigan - In
Florida State - In

Final two "contestants" are respective champions Texas and Alabama.

Texas - In - They beat Alabama (in Alabama to boot).

I think that is logical.

What is the charge of the selection committee? Best teams at the moment or best teams taking in other factors such as number of losses, head to head, injuries, etc? The committee will have zero credibility with 75% of football if they select Alabama even though they are one of the best four teams. Of course, may not matter with the 12 team playoff next year.

I think Texas is set since it beat Alabama head to head. The question is FSU vs Alabama. All hell will break loose no matter who is selected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eurocat
Why is everyone in love with Texas, and some extent Bama. The odds were high they would beat Okkie St. The Cowboys don't look impressive to me. A middling UCF team crushed them (45-3) in Orlando. So why was Texas ranked below the Buckeyes when it was nearly obvious they would win the Big12. Same for Bama. Why were they ranked below OSU when they had a viable chance to beat UGA. Do the polls even matter?

At least this shouldn't be as big an issue next year. There will be 11 other spots (Cats already penciled in)

It would really make sense for computer ranking systems rather than a bunch of old weirdos to make these decisions.

Right?

It would be a travesty if FSU didn’t make it. It would be a travesty if Washington didn’t make it.

Michigan cheated but will make it.

The others didn’t take care of bidness. OSU has as much of a claim as Georgia.

A 12-team playoff will build a tournament where anybody with a chance to go undefeated against the other best teams will be there. I’m not convinced that will make things more fun tho.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
My guess is that it will be UM, UW, Bama, and Texas.

They will make the justification that Florida State is not the same team without their QB, but it is BS that a team can go undefeated in the P5 and not get in.

On a personal entertainment note, I would love for them to decide early on to put FSU in and let Texas, Alabama fight over who gets the last spot. It would be interesting for the SEC to argue to keep Texas out, seeing as they will be an SEC member next year. Some bad blood could be created.

It would really make sense for computer ranking systems rather than a bunch of old weirdos to make these decisions.
1998 called to say you're nuts.

What would really make sense is for stupid old (mostly) men to have realized 20 years ago that rarely would there clearly be a #1/#2...or a #4/#5 for that matter, and built a better system.

An expanded playoff makes sense...why we're going from four to 12 instead of eight? Shrug. We'll see how it all works out.

Why is everyone in love with Texas, and some extent Bama. The odds were high they would beat Okkie St. The Cowboys don't look impressive to me. A middling UCF team crushed them (45-3) in Orlando. So why was Texas ranked below the Buckeyes when it was nearly obvious they would win the Big12. Same for Bama. Why were they ranked below OSU when they had a viable chance to beat UGA. Do the polls even matter?

At least this shouldn't be as big an issue next year. There will be 11 other spots (Cats already penciled in)
That Cowboy defense was one of the worst I've watched this season. Defensive game planning / coaching was bizarre, and I lost count on the number of missed / poor tackles. Good for Texas on making that work to their advantage, though. I think they've earned their spot.

Reactions: FLCatEng
No. I HATE the chop motion/noise/music/chant. Worse than Mississippi State's cowbells and that is saying something.
I say that in jest… but would love to see Miami and FSU in the B1G since I live in the state.

Well at least winning all your games doesn’t matter anymore. I guess scheduling and dominating power non-conference opponent doesn’t matter either.

It’s really dumb that the committee publishes these rankings in-season. Trying to justify the number four team winning and getting jumped by the number eight team seems a tall order. Should probably just call Alabama national champs and cancel the games.

I understand the criteria includes a mandate to consider which team is perceived as the “best” at the time of selection and that they should take injuries into account.

I don’t give a crap. That’s stupid. All you can do is win every game you play, sometimes based on great defense, but I guess that doesn’t count any more.

Screw the SEC.

Reactions: ricko654321
No. I HATE the chop motion/noise/music/chant. Worse than Mississippi State's cowbells and that is saying something.

Agreed, that annoying chop chant would have to be buried as a condition for admission to the Big Ten.

Booger McFarland's reaction:

“This is a complete travesty to the sport. Because we go out there on the field and we play the game. Regardless of whether we win with offense or defense, the name of the game is to win. That’s the reason why this has never been done before (13-0 P5 champ out). I understand the style points and best matchups, but one team has a loss (Alabama) and one doesn’t (Florida State). Those kids have went out there every week and busted their behinds for this moment.”

Reactions: Zootcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT