CFP committee should be saying to ND

phatcat

Nov 5, 2001
Wisconsin
Fool me once (2012 - ok it was BCS then), shame on you,

Fool me twice (2018), shame on me

Join an effing conference, you clods

Reactions: NJCat
Not sure how that changes the math. They went 12-0 against a schedule whose SOS (44) was equal to that of Bama ((46) and Clemson (48). They were a good team, just not in the same league as those two.

If anything, Georgia should bolt the SEC to escape Bama.
Georgia is joining ND's conference.

Reactions: phatcat
Ohio State would have given Clemson a better game than that. Agree that it should have been the ACC Championship. Also agree that ND should be barred from the CFPs. No more independents.

Bama and Clemson should just play a best-of-15, September through January, from here on out. They’re so much better than anyone else, and it’s not even close.

Bama and Clemson should just play a best-of-15, September through January, from here on out. They’re so much better than anyone else, and it’s not even close.
Uh, Georgia would beg to differ. They had Bama on the ropes a few weeks ago. UGA damn well should have been one of the final 4 teams.

Georgia is as good. I know why they were left out of the playoff, but it still sucks to be watching this.

I have disliked ND as the result of the Lou Holtz era. I used to get sick when I saw him on ESPN(?) portrayed as an icon of college football. He put Arkansas, Minnesota and South Carolina on probation. ND would have suffered the same fate but was saved by their reputation and Holtz' dismissal
The ACC has sold its soul to ND by allowing their modified football schedule and access to their other sports. The B1G also, I believe, allowed ND into the hockey league -so there is blame to go around

Notre Dame is in the middle of the B1G geographic footprint and could reinstate their rivalries with Michigan, Purdue, MSU on a regular basis if not every year. ND would still have 3 games/year to continue rivalries with USC,USNA and Stanford in some fashion

The P5 leagues should settle on a 9 game schedule with games only against P5 and G5 teams. ND

Fool me once (2012 - ok it was BCS then), shame on you,

Fool me twice (2018), shame on me

Join an effing conference, you clods

Agree big time. Maybe the ACC on a full time basis, but they don't want to give up their other rivalries (USC, Navy, etc.). ND will never join the Big Ten because it will be almost impossible for them to win a Big Ten title and they would never see the CFP again. Which is a good thing, they aren't competitive in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT