ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Collins on College Hoops Today Podcast

backdoorpass

Jun 13, 2008
Chris Collins did a 20-minute phone interview with Jon Rothstein for his podcast. Didn't say anything all that provocative, but some topics included:

• How much more there is for Northwestern to accomplish
  • Pride in the the build/success so far
  • What motivates CC
  • The Duke background, Coach K, his Dad and so on
  • The missed call against Gonzaga
  • Falzon, Gaines and Ivanauskas as 3 key pieces to improve team depth
  • Playing away from Evanston this coming season
  • Competition in the B1G
  • Having Championship level goals with the returning core

Interview starts around 3:30 mark...

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Chris Collins did a 20-minute phone interview with Jon Rothstein for his podcast. Didn't say anything all that provocative, but some topics included:

• How much more there is for Northwestern to accomplish
  • Pride the build/success so far
  • What motivates CC
  • The Duke background, Coach K, his Dad and so on
  • The missed call against Gonzaga
  • Falzon, Gaines and Ivanauskas as 3 key pieces to improve team depth
  • Playing away from Evanston this coming season
  • Competition in the B1G
  • Having Championship level goals with the returning core

Interview starts around 3:30 mark...

Enjoy.

Thanks. I cannot wait for the day when an interview with CCC doesn't include questions about Duke though......

Thanks. I cannot wait for the day when an interview with CCC doesn't include questions about Duke though......

Agreed. I think it was 15 minutes into the interview before he mentioned (or was asked about) any of our players by name. I guess the fact that it was a "national" interview might excuse some of the well worn topics (Duke, Coach K, his Dad, growing up in Chicago, Chicago as a sports town, never making the Tournament before last season).

I will have to look forward to B1G Media Day for specific questions about the development of the team, what they focused on in the off-season, which players are poised to break out, etc.

He had some nice comments about Falzon and Gaines. Glad to hear that he thinks the freshman can add to the team...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT