ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson transfer QB

Holy hell, do you work in PR or comms?

I work in the real world where Mccall’s track record of developing college football QBs is a documented fact, regardless of what you thought of him as an OC or as a person. Isn’t that what was being discussed?

Chase Brice, Jake Marwede and the rest of the Fighting Cutcliffe’s are getting their asses handed to them by Miami tonight. Will fall to 2-8. On to basketball season.

Chase Brice, Jake Marwede and the rest of the Fighting Cutcliffe’s are getting their asses handed to them by Miami tonight. Will fall to 2-8. On to basketball season.
The academic’s besides NU are terrible this year. Vandy winless, Duke awful, and don’t care if Stanford had an upset yesterday, I watched them and they stink too.

Reactions: mikero3
Even though I almost always thought he sucked...I can't say what McCall taught or didn't teach the NU* QB's. I do know Kafka did give most of the credit for his improved accuracy his senior season to work he did with Basanez. That is a fact as he even repeated the "Basenez quote" to me when I once joked about watching his receiver days and one year at QB at St Rita. I said something about being kind of shocked he ended up being a starting college QB and make it to the pros as a pretty high draft pick...And he said there was something wrong with his delivery that Basenez was able to see...Maybe he just hated McCall who knows?

Reactions: EvanstonCat
I'm not exactly a fan of the previous OC, but NU did have a very solid string of QBs under him.
I think McCall absolutely ruined CT, who had the talent and under the right coach could have progressed.
I think he undercoached a very solid TS who started in the NFL but could barely get going under McCall.
Ruined Colter but at least switched him to WR.
Ruined Hunter Johnson
Gets credit for Kafka
Gets credit for Persa

So what was the difference? IMO, when Fitz wanted to go to a power running attack, I don't think McCall had a clue and never learned. McCall's systems were much different. The flipside is that our QB play was terribly unproductive, but our running game took off.....most importantly we won, for the most part due to defense and ball control. JJTBC helped the whole team get to experience the most wins in a 4 year period. Had not much to do with CT.

Brown, Princeton, Cornell, Yale, Penn, Harvard, Dartmouth, Columbia, Chicago, Rice, NU and Duke. Oh, and Stanford.
By all means, bring the Maroons back to the B1G. They’ll have to clean up Enrico’s radiation at Stagg Field, though.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT