ADVERTISEMENT

Cliff Keen tourney

Decent result for NU with maybe our best grappler not participating.
Agreed. Sebastian Rivera made the Olympics this weekend for Puerto Rico. Congrats! Huge accomplishment. I heard he may go 133 this year which may help the team. Mike DeAugustino looked fantastic, placing third. Mike may be ranked near the top ten. Ryan Deakin takes over the number one spot. Yayha Thomas will be ranked top eight after finishing third. Lucas Davison lost in the last two seconds to the finalist from Purdue, kid named Brunner. And Oyster placed, pinning the 15th ranked kid from Harvard. I have the Wildcats ranked around 7-9 in the NCAAs on Tuesday when the rankings come out.

Former Northwestern wrestler, Johnny Sebastian looked solid in his win over Wilke from Iowa. Johnny moves well for an 84lber. Seems like the higher weights suit him better.

Wildcats ranked as high as sixth in one poll. Ranked in top ten in all major polls! Congrats

Agreed. Sebastian Rivera made the Olympics this weekend for Puerto Rico. Congrats! Huge accomplishment. I heard he may go 133 this year which may help the team. Mike DeAugustino looked fantastic, placing third. Mike may be ranked near the top ten. Ryan Deakin takes over the number one spot. Yayha Thomas will be ranked top eight after finishing third. Lucas Davison lost in the last two seconds to the finalist from Purdue, kid named Brunner. And Oyster placed, pinning the 15th ranked kid from Harvard. I have the Wildcats ranked around 7-9 in the NCAAs on Tuesday when the rankings come out.
Rivera made light of his Puerto Rican accomplishment in an interview on Flo. Said trials were on one mat for all divisions and weight classes and took place in a volleyball facility. He had one match that lasted 2 minutes. Fortunate to be of Puerto Rican descent I guess. A little different at US trials but I guess an Olympian is an Olympian.

Rivera made light of his Puerto Rican accomplishment in an interview on Flo. Said trials were on one mat for all divisions and weight classes and took place in a volleyball facility. He had one match that lasted 2 minutes. Fortunate to be of Puerto Rican descent I guess. A little different at US trials but I guess an Olympian is an Olympian.
Rivera looked very solid tonight in almost beating Gross. Gross just made Olympic trials. Good things happening at northwestern wrestling

Reactions: CatFanEd
In fact R
Rivera looked very solid tonight in almost beating Gross. Gross just made Olympic trials. Good things happening at northwestern wrestling
In fact Rivera was the better wrestler. Except for one edge of the mat move that created a six point swing Rivera dominated the match. Said he was probably going to decide after the Midlands if he was going to stay at 133 or drop down. Based on what I saw he could win at either weight he is that good. If making weight adjustment is not an issue I say stay at 133 until NCAA's. Better to face Spencer Lee one time than three in my opinion.

How did NU finish in the Midlands? Not much national coverage and zilch on Inside NU.

How did NU finish in the Midlands? Not much national coverage and zilch on Inside NU.
We finished ninth without Ryan Deakin! Rivera and Deakin can win it all! Solid team for sure with solid young guys redshirting including Chris Cannon, Trevor Chumbley, and Troy Fisher, and Colin Valdiviez

We finished ninth without Ryan Deakin! Rivera and Deakin can win it all! Solid team for sure with solid young guys redshirting including Chris Cannon, Trevor Chumbley, and Troy Fisher, and Colin Valdiviez

Thomas also got injured early in first match and went out. But what was big was Jessen and Morland placing.

Once everybody is firing we could seriously get after a team trophy this year. Definitely should be the goal next year

I
yeah. I like CV
i also like Valdiviez! He is a top 20-30 wrestler in the nation. He is very strong. I wish he would have bulked up to 41, sort of what Shane Oyster did. We have a solid coaching staff. Can’t wait. Hope those guys didn’t get too dinged up. I saw Thomas hurt his ankle. He was better than the Indiana kid.

Jesson beat the ninth ranked kid in the nation! Jack also lost to the tough Iowa kid who is ranked by a point. He is getting better and having the new coach from Illinois will help. The new coach was a two time AA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT