ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Jake's new offense already 'second nature' to Northwestern

According to whom? Someone had to take the fall for last season and MCCall certainly deserved some of the blame but don’t illude yourself into thinking that last season was all or mostly about McCall. You put Coach Bajakian in place as OC last year with all the other variables unchanged and very little changes in my opinion. We were woefully lacking talent at key positions last year and no coach could have overcome that predicament.

omg you're still taking this position

Held both Siemian and Thorson back from their full potential (and couldn't develop a viable passer as a backup for both their tenures), and there's a reason why Kafka and Persa credit Baz and not McC in their development as passers.
We need mobility in the pocket or we are dead as door nails! Hunter may be the best option. Marty is ok too. So is our senior qb.

I think it was Mike Leach that said something like the best offenses are ones where the players don't have to think, because they are intuitive, simple, and easy to execute. When you have something that players know how to execute, guess what? They execute. Which is what you need.
The triple option really isn't that complicated but it's difficult to defend. Those teams run the same play over and over again.

NU doesn't have a very good record against option teams over the last 20 years.

The triple option really isn't that complicated but it's difficult to defend. Those teams run the same play over and over again.

NU doesn't have a very good record against option teams over the last 20 years.

There is a LOT more variation to the triple-option than meets the eye. Much MUCH more than "option left" and "option right."

WR Riley Lees and QB Peyton Ramsey say new OC Mike Bajakian's system is very easy to learn.

You guys are going to love Ramsey. Smart and tough as nails. He took hits last year that would have put most QBs out of the game, and continued to play. At Nebraska they took so many cheap shots on him - which should have been targeting calls - and he only missed on play I think.

His arm is a lot better than advertised. He's not a gun slinger, but he can throw downfield with the best of them. And he can beat a Defense with his feet. He's good and hard to defense.

I hated to see him leave IU, but he didn't want to be involved in another QB battle with Penix, who has all kinds of talent. Too bad we had to choose between the two of them.

You guys are going to love Ramsey. Smart and tough as nails. He took hits last year that would have put most QBs out of the game, and continued to play. At Nebraska they took so many cheap shots on him - which should have been targeting calls - and he only missed on play I think.

His arm is a lot better than advertised. He's not a gun slinger, but he can throw downfield with the best of them. And he can beat a Defense with his feet. He's good and hard to defense.

I hated to see him leave IU, but he didn't want to be involved in another QB battle with Penix, who has all kinds of talent. Too bad we had to choose between the two of them.
From our perspective, you choose the right QB.

ADVERTISEMENT