ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Lose Another One

Here's what I think: I was actually hoping you'd be alluding to force majeur items like injuries or perhaps just blind stinking bad luck, funny bounces, flukes, etc., not this Colter stuff.

I want to be positive here and don't want to get into a rabbit hole like that. It's over. Most of this team doesn't even know him. That's ancient history. Blaming stuff from yesteryear for meh play today is frankly weak, IMO. My 2 cents

But it might explain in part why we had several years of iffy OL and WR play.

So is this also the coaches' fault? Obviously you know I find a lot of fault with the coaches, but I'm curious how something like this fits into your theory.

My theory is no more complicated than this: if you have a choice to learn football for 4 years from Mr. Cat or the next person to post on this board, who would you choose? Students that have their choice of teachers choose the best that will take them. It's not complicated - or frankly all that debatable of a proposition.

Read the Tribune and Daily Herald this morning. Without naming a specific player, he threw them under the bus. I would love it for once for him to take the blame. If the players played with no emotion or energy, who is at fault? If my employees are not ready, is it not my fault? We are a group of 12 non alums with season tix who have concluded that with Fitz, B10 Championships will not occur. Yesterday never should occurred if we have the superior talent. Yesterday's loss was exhibit number one on why 25k is the season ticket base.

Some items show the coaxing flaws:

1) Fitz called a timeout at the end of the 1st half when they had 3rd and 6 to save the clock. We had played a terrible first half. Why help their clock management. Many near our seats screamed, "Why?" If they missed, more than happy with 7-3 lead;

2) it was obvious by the middle of 2nd quarter that our soft zone was getting picked apart and our right defensive line could not stop them. I only saw once we did press coverage with a single safey. We stopped them; and,

3) Where was the kitchen sink on defense? The purpose is to win. Throw everything at them. Our offensive was decent. The purpose is to get off the field. No blitzes or anything. If we have the smartest student athletes, should we not be able to make adjustments.
Add no punt on 4TH down before half time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT