ADVERTISEMENT

Cold water

Teddy accuses Lindsey of sulking, Mac of not being the same player, and the entire team of having lost its edge (along with a hint at the behind-the-scenes drama implied by the insiders here). His prediction is we'd need 11 Big Ten wins to be in the NCAA conversation. Tough, but fair all the way through ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...1227-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
100% correct.

Scottie has always been moody. Collins benched him during his Soph season. Thought he had turned the corner but apparently not.

I think NU will need 12 B1G wins to get in. Some predict the Cats will "easily" win 12 so not to worry.

In case you hadn't noticed NU got there a year ahead of schedule and is now resting on their laurels.....

Allstate isn't getting enough blame. I believe we would have beaten Creighton at our actual home, and if we had that, everyone would feel a lot better now.

Reactions: Ish0522
In case you hadn't noticed NU got there a year ahead of schedule and is now resting on their laurels.....

Yes...I also remember you saying we wouldn't make it last year because this was the year. Maybe you should think about all the times you've been wrong before throwing snarky comments at others who have already had the better of you in the past, NJcat.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Yes...I also remember you saying we wouldn't make it last year because this was the year. Maybe you should think about all the times you've been wrong before throwing snarky comments at others who have already had the better of you in the past, NJcat.
Hey, I readily admit when I'm wrong. And throwing snarky comments around is only par for the course on this board. Happy New Year!!

Reactions: DaCat
Allstate isn't getting enough blame. I believe we would have beaten Creighton at our actual home, and if we had that, everyone would feel a lot better now.

Not acceptable. We ain't playing in WR this year so the team better get over playing in Allstate.

I left AA after the Creighton game with the same thought - we would have won at WR. No time is an ideal time to play at AA, but I think the current senior class, Mac, Lindsey, Skelly (and Law) deserved to end their tenure in WR. That class was too important for the direction of the program to be "dissed" by having to play at AA their senior year. Just my opinion.

Nothing wrong with All State! Our defense was gosh dang horrible! We need to get set on defense! Scottie is the key! He needs to hustle and set the tone.

All of our losses will be on the road. We will have no home losses. Oops, AA isn't home.

Teddy accuses Lindsey of sulking, Mac of not being the same player, and the entire team of having lost its edge (along with a hint at the behind-the-scenes drama implied by the insiders here). His prediction is we'd need 11 Big Ten wins to be in the NCAA conversation. Tough, but fair all the way through ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...1227-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true
Much as I'd like to, I can't take much issue with a single thing he says in the article. :mad:

Not acceptable. We ain't playing in WR this year so the team better get over playing in Allstate.
Exactly and as the coach said in "Hoosiers" the floor is the same length and width and the baskets still 10 feet high. Seem to remember that NU did pretty darn well when they played at Alumni Hall for a season.

Greenstein seemed more supportive and optimistic about our hoops team last season- but didn't really predict the success that we enjoyed! Maybe we can win in both sports this year and surprise him/us? I remember him in 16' after the isu loss ranking us last in the BIG! And remember who we beat after that tragedy? We beat in the PBowl the only team to beat the best team in the country!! So Teddy seems to be quick to jump off the bandwagon and not a surefire diehard Cats fan!!

Greenstein seemed more supportive and optimistic about our hoops team last season- but didn't really predict the success that we enjoyed! Maybe we can win in both sports this year and surprise him/us? I remember him in 16' after the isu loss ranking us last in the BIG! And remember who we beat after that tragedy? We beat in the PBowl the only team to beat the best team in the country!! So Teddy seems to be quick to jump off the bandwagon and not a surefire diehard Cats fan!!
Or he's just doing his job and giving an honest assessment of what is clearly making this team fail.

Allstate Arena has nothing to do with the 30-point blowout losses to Texas Tech and Oklahoma or the loss to (kenpom 141) Georgia Tech. Those performances look like the season killers right now.

Last edited:
Allstate Arena has nothing to do with the 30-point blowout losss to Texas Tech and Oklahoma or the loss to (kenpom 141) Georgia Tech. Those performances look like the season killers right now.
Tough going on the road after playing a bunch of games in a row, BT season is better, PSU game will be a test. 15 hours a way and a decent team!

A sports writer isn't supposed to be a "fan". I have to admit that a lot of what he says is true.

A sports writer isn't supposed to be a "fan". I have to admit that a lot of what he says is true.
We were a teansy weansy bit off in the preseason and got exploited in a minuscule way. My guess is both Texas Tech and Oklahoma don’t lose a game or two at home in non conference. My favorite game this year will be when we beat MSU at home.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT