ADVERTISEMENT

Collins addresses team's future after Berry's season-ending injury

I feel bad for Ty, because he is having a great season personally (he wants to lead the conference in 3 pointers) and team-wise, and it sucks being injured.

But I do like that some youngster is going to have rise to the occasion. I think it happens.

IMO, if collins gets us into the ncaa tourney again with what we have left on roster, he should be BIG coy again this season. No doubt about it....

Really? Are you one of those folks who give all the credit to the coach when the team plays well and blame the players when they don't?

This situation is the result of a forseeable injury to a roster with limited depth.

Hopefully the players can overcome the disadvantage they face.

IMO, if collins gets us into the ncaa tourney again with what we have left on roster, he should be BIG coy again this season. No doubt about it....
Honestly, Ben Johnson may be beating him out in that so far. Minnesota was just freaking godawful last year and should have been this year again and they've gone from surprisingly competitive to actually pretty good over the course of the year. It gives me zero joy to compliment the Gophers in any way, but it's undeniable.

Honestly, Ben Johnson may be beating him out in that so far. Minnesota was just freaking godawful last year and should have been this year again and they've gone from surprisingly competitive to actually pretty good over the course of the year. It gives me zero joy to compliment the Gophers in any way, but it's undeniable.
Everyone knows COY should go to Purdue. Regardless of coach. Every year.

He tried to be careful about it, but it sure sounded like Collins expects Ty to be back next season, so that is one potential piece of good news on this frustrating day.

Reactions: ricko654321
Everyone knows COY should go to Purdue. Regardless of coach. Every year.
Well it ain't going to Fran, Hoosier Daddy Woodson, Juwan or the guy who got fired from OSU.

And Kevin Willard at Maryland has been ultra-critical of the Big Ten for the schedule they threw at his team so he's not getting any awards either...

Rhoades at Penn State should be honored for cobbling together a team.

I feel bad for Ty, because he is having a great season personally (he wants to lead the conference in 3 pointers) and team-wise, and it sucks being injured.

But I do like that some youngster is going to have rise to the occasion. I think it happens.
I feel bad for him too. I’ll admit that I wasn’t sold on Berry going into this year. But, he truly has become a great player and an important piece of this team. Hope he gets better and returns to play next year.

I feel bad for him too. I’ll admit that I wasn’t sold on Berry going into this year. But, he truly has become a great player and an important piece of this team. Hope he gets better and returns to play next year.
He is emblematic of the type of person you want representing NU. Aside from the stuff on the court, he's a great kid who values his time at NU and the community he has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT