ADVERTISEMENT

Conflicted on the ND game.

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I hate ND.

But
Transitive property tells me that ND beat NU and UM and I should cheer for ND.

Help!

I hate ND.

But
Transitive property tells me that ND beat NU and UM and I should cheer for ND.

Help!

I am also conflicted. ND is our closest recruiting rival and therefore I want them to lose. On the other hand I have many family members who live and die with ND football. I’d like for them to be happy.

Reactions: StreamCat
So far Lawrance looks ok but not a guy I would have let two highly regarded QBS leave the program over.

I am also conflicted. ND is our closest recruiting rival and therefore I want them to lose. On the other hand I have many family members who live and die with ND football. I’d like for them to be happy.
NO!
That is a choice they have made. The shouldn't be happy. Thanks, you have helped me make my decision.

I'm going for ND even though, growing up as I did, there are many reasons not to. I think if NU ever gets good enough to get to the playoff we will look a lot like ND this year, in style of play and all that. I enjoy the way they play this year.

Sorry. Can’t ever root for them. Most arrogant football fans I have encountered. Also not playing a conference huge advantage despite what they claim. They get to carefully plot their schedule every year plus avoid the toll and risk of playing rivals over decades (sorry Navy does not count!). Eg, we go back and forth with teams like Wi and IA over the years. They are afraid of that sort commitment.

Sorry. Can’t ever root for them. Most arrogant football fans I have encountered. Also not playing a conference huge advantage despite what they claim. They get to carefully plot their schedule every year plus avoid the toll and risk of playing rivals over decades (sorry Navy does not count!). Eg, we go back and forth with teams like Wi and IA over the years. They are afraid of that sort commitment.
I see both points of view, so I am going with a Clemson win by less than 10 points.

I’m not an ND fan but based on that incompletion call as about 6 minutes left in the 2nd where the receiver obviously caught the ball and planted his foot and started spinning away from an oncoming hit to go the other way, only to have the ND player
obviiously knock the ball out of his firm grasp, it’s clear to me that the replay booth needs to go. Either that, or they need to actually stick to the clear and convincing standard or they need to change that damn rule. That kid caught the ball. 0% doubt about it. On replay, I’ve never seen more obvious grasp and control of the ball. It got knocked out by a great defensive play after the ND kid had made an obvious football move (planting and turning to spin away from contact). Simple as that.

Should have been a completion and a recovered fumble by ND. If it’s not, there is something wrong with the rules or how football is officiated.

Guess it doesn't matter who you root for. Clemson is pulling away. ND can't move the ball against them.

Dirty play by Tillery cost them dearly. He was the guy who needlessly body slammed Thorson in the final minute at Ryan Field. I know I should root for Notre Dame but I just can't!

I’m not an ND fan but based on that incompletion call as about 6 minutes left in the 2nd where the receiver obviously caught the ball and planted his foot and started spinning away from an oncoming hit to go the other way, only to have the ND player
obviiously knock the ball out of his firm grasp, it’s clear to me that the replay booth needs to go. Either that, or they need to actually stick to the clear and convincing standard or they need to change that damn rule. That kid caught the ball. 0% doubt about it. On replay, I’ve never seen more obvious grasp and control of the ball. It got knocked out by a great defensive play after the ND kid had made an obvious football move (planting and turning to spin away from contact). Simple as that.

Should have been a completion and a recovered fumble by ND. If it’s not, there is something wrong with the rules or how football is officiated.
I totally agree with you on this one call. The guy caught the ball made a definite football move away from the defender he knew about and ran head long into another defender who knocked the ball out. If he had just leaned down field it would have been a catch.

Reactions: StreamCat
Dirty play by Tillery cost them dearly. He was the guy who needlessly body slammed Thorson in the final minute at Ryan Field. I know I should root for Notre Dame but I just can't!

That was a dirty, frustration play. He tried to take that kid out. Too late not to be intentional. Either that or he’s too stupid to graduate - but he will, because it’s ND... but that’s another story.

NO!
That is a choice they have made. The shouldn't be happy. Thanks, you have helped me make my decision.
OK I owe a little apology for this. Your family deceivers to be happy. They just need to derive their happiness from being lucky enough to be related to you.
Whew, I'm a nice guy again.:)

I totally agree with you on this one call. The guy caught the ball made a definite football move away from the defender he knew about and ran head long into another defender who knocked the ball out. If he had just leaned down field it would have been a catch.

And then, to top it off, the Clemson kid catches the ball with one hand in a circus catch falling to the ground and hitting the ground pretty hard — and there’s zero doubt from the refs whatsoever whether he had control of the ball. If the Clemson kid had “control” of the ball (which he did), the ND kid had at least quintuple that level of control.

Agreed. Plus all the southern superiority crap. Clemson may as well be in the SEC
Disagree. Clemson is unique. They embrace their small town, country culture. I know several Clemson grads and they couldn't be better fans. And Dabo is a class act.

And if you're ever in Clemson, SC, make sure you hit the Esso Club.

7015675361_4f71e044ff_b.jpg

Disagree. Clemson is unique. They embrace their small town, country culture. I know several Clemson grads and they couldn't be better fans. And Dabo is a class act.

Well, that explains why the Clemson QB looks like an extra in Deliverance, Dazed and Confused and Dukes of Hazard.

I have always liked Clemson for no reason that I can identify. Perhaps this is it.

Reactions: NUCat320

Clarification - I don't mean they/their fans act like the SEC. I mean that they are yet another Southern powerhouse that clobbers teams from the Midwest

Reactions: NJCat and NUCat320
Then either he’s wrong or the rule is crap. I allows for that. If that’s not a catch, then you’re not reading this reply and I never wrote it.
I strongly disagree with the *indisputable video evidence* standard. It’s there to avoid hurting the on-field officials’ feelings.

In a country where our legal standards are beyond reasonable doubt or preponderance of the evidence, “beyond all doubt” is...unamerican.

I’m hoping somebody can help me with this. No, with not unloading. I can do that on my own. ;)

When did some guys start wearing their football pants cut above the knees?

I never noticed this before. How long has this been going on? It’s like the reverse, anti-baseball uniform, which used to be cut just below the knees but is now below the ankles.

I strongly disagree with the *indisputable video evidence* standard. It’s there to avoid hurting the on-field officials’ feelings.

In a country where our legal standards are beyond reasonable doubt or preponderance of the evidence, “beyond all doubt” is...unamerican.

Like the RPO....

Reactions: NUCat320
I’m hoping somebody can help me with this. No, with not unloading. I can do that on my own. ;)

When did some guys start wearing their football pants cut above the knees?

I never noticed this before. How long has this been going on? It’s like the reverse, anti-baseball uniform, which used to be cut just below the knees but is now below the ankles.
Deshawn Watson.

Trevor Lawrence is a stud.
Yes. Earlier, perhaps and another thread. I said I didn't see him being worth losing two highly regarded QBs from the program. For a true Freshman, he looks great. I doubt he plays more than two years in college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT