ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats NU - B1G West Champion!

MRCat95

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2006
Chicago
I’m really proud of this team. They hung together, and they found ways to win in huge games week after week! They made clutch play after clutch play.

Congrats, men! I’m very proud of you!

Now finish it 1-0 against Minnesota and Illinois!

I will see you in Indy.

Credit to our OL this week. That DL was the best unit on Iowa's defense by far.

I know we had some misfires late, but they were awesome in run protection the whole day.

Bowser is the 2nd half season MVP for this team. His importance is 2nd to CT now.

He deserves every bit of credit we can give him.

I’m really proud of this team. They hung together, and they found ways to win in huge games week after week! They made clutch play after clutch play.

I will see you in Indy.

Finish it is right. Minnesota 41, Purdue 10 today. For those who thought the next couple would be cinches, I'm glad the Cats put it away today. What a strange season.

Yes, indeed. Congrats to the whole team. What a great win in a high pressure game with so much on the line. Amazing -- a very satisfying day.

Reactions: ricko654321
DrrhDWzV4AAwzGx.jpg:large

They made us all proud, even the sore-asses.

That catch by Skowronek will be on cfb highlights for weeks.

The Cardiac CATS ride again!

That was a helluva catch. Amazing he was able to keep control of the ball as he went down. Skowronek might not be the fastest kid in the world, but he catches anything he gets his hands on. Combine him with the two good ends NU has coming in next year, plus returning vets, and Hunter ought to have some targets. And with Bowser they might just have a running game to go along with it.

Credit to our OL this week. That DL was the best unit on Iowa's defense by far.

I know we had some misfires late, but they were awesome in run protection the whole day.

Bowser is the 2nd half season MVP for this team. His importance is 2nd to CT now.

He deserves every bit of credit we can give him.
Clayton also ran the ball well!

Reactions: CatChatAR
That was a helluva catch. Amazing he was able to keep control of the ball as he went down. Skowronek might not be the fastest kid in the world, but he catches anything he gets his hands on. Combine him with the two good ends NU has coming in next year, plus returning vets, and Hunter ought to have some targets. And with Bowser they might just have a running game to go along with it.

I will see you in Indy.
This has probably been Fitz's best coaching job yet. And for those of you critical of the lack of halftime adjustments, how about the offensive changes in the second half today? A great win, an unbelievably weird season, and a championship. Go 'Cats!!!

I will see you in Indy.
Heck of a performance today. That is a football team. Extremely proud, and extremely excited. Go Cats.

This has probably been Fitz's best coaching job yet. And for those of you critical of the lack of halftime adjustments, how about the offensive changes in the second half today? A great win, an unbelievably weird season, and a championship. Go 'Cats!!!
And also some love for Coach Macpherson. He had the back ups prepared.

Reactions: zeek55
Skowronek reminds of that kid you always hated playing against because he somehow found a way to beat you and you never could figure out how. Takes every edge he can think of and tough as nails. Watch how he battles the DB’s with his hands almost forcing the zebra to make a call one way or another. Fearless over the middle and seems ultra competitive from a far. Respect.

It's crazy. I've been to all six home games, and I've seen two wins in person this year. (Glad I didn't leave the Nebraska game early like a fair number did, or it would have been only one).

But our guys sure do know how to prepare for a business trip!

Reactions: LansingCat
Skowronek reminds of that kid you always hated playing against because he somehow found a way to beat you and you never could figure out how. Takes every edge he can think of and tough as nails. Watch how he battles the DB’s with his hands almost forcing the zebra to make a call one way or another. Fearless over the middle and seems ultra competitive from a far. Respect.

Like a lot of NU players I've witnessed over the past 20-some years, he maximizes his talent. Reminds me of some guys from western Pa. I played intramurals with in college. Some of them obviously hadn't been the most talented guys on their HS teams (the WPIAL was ridiculously good in that era), but you could tell they'd been coached the right way and that they wanted to play the right way, even in a relatively meaningless intramural game. I had never played varsity ball in school or learned OL technique, so when I was stuck in for a play and fouled up I was immediately booted off the field. Those guys were having none of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT