ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING Conversation with 3-star 2024 OL Emerson Mandell

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Had the chance to talk to Emerson Mandell about his offer from Northwestern and his recruitment yesterday. He still seemed pretty early in his process, Northwestern seemed pretty new to his radar and he said he wants to make a decision sometime around Christmas. Here are some interesting quotes from the interview:

On an offer from Northwestern:

"It's a really big deal to me. This time last year I had no colleges interested in me. To have this many schools, especially high level schools, football-wise and academically, in contact with me and offering me means a lot."

His thoughts on the program:

"They're a good school, they have a good football history. Not as much last year, but everyone has a bad year. The O Line coach seems like a pretty nice guy, it piqued my interest and I maybe want to go down there and visit."

On NU producing NFL-caliber offensive linemen like Rashawn Slater and Peter Skoronski recently:

"It definitely makes me want to check out the program and see what it's all about and how it's producing these kind of linemen. Just more good news [about the program], I guess."

The 6-foot-4, 315-pound guard holds seven offers, all from Power Five programs, including Minnesota and Iowa. He said he'll try to make it to Northwestern for a visit sometime in mid-March or early April.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News