ADVERTISEMENT

Coordinator Pressers

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
Maybe my memory is going, but didn’t McCall and Hank answer questions in press conferences at times? If so, has JON ever participated? I would seek out press credentials if he were to stand up and take questions.

But is my memory correct that Hank and McCall spoke at times? Or has it never been a thing for them to talk at pressers?

I think it's traditional to give the coordinators their own press conference at the bowl game. I don't mean that is a NU tradition, it's something that just is done at bowls by whatever the teams are.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I think it's traditional to give the coordinators their own press conference at the bowl game. I don't mean that is a NU tradition, it's something that just is done at bowls by whatever the teams are.
So you're saying we'll never see JON give a presser because the team will never play in a bowl game as long as he's around? (ba-dum-bum) 🥁

But is my memory correct that Hank and McCall spoke at times? Or has it never been a thing for them to talk at pressers?
All I could find was Hankwitz gave a press conference before the beginning of the Covid season and after the bowl game, and both him & McCall talked to BTN in 2013 when they came in the summer.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Maybe my memory is going, but didn’t McCall and Hank answer questions in press conferences at times? If so, has JON ever participated? I would seek out press credentials if he were to stand up and take questions.
Before last season, Jake and JON both answered questions at a press conference.

Here is the presser to introduce him when JON was hired.

Last edited:
AFAIK, NU has never held coordinator press conferences.

In the same way that Lou talked to McGarigle a few weeks ago, reporters may request JON or Bajakian after practice.

It appears that NU (perhaps?) has ceased including players in the weekly press conference as well.

Here's another presser from year two of when JON was the coordinator for the Browns. Apparently his defense was dead last in yards per game, and he's talking about the need to stop the run. Sounds extremely familiar.

• Wow
Reactions: NU Houston
JON media availability on 8/10/2021. He admitted the defense he was implementing was 75% new.

Ok @lou v - how about a few questions after a practice this week? No softballs - the good stuff you have been dialing up lately

Ok @lou v - how about a few questions after a practice this week? No softballs - the good stuff you have been dialing up lately
Unfortunately, we don't have anyone that can cover the weekly press availability. They fall on Tuesdays, after practice. Matt has a full-time job now, so he can't make it, and Jason happens to have class at that time.

Unfortunately, we don't have anyone that can cover the weekly press availability. They fall on Tuesdays, after practice. Matt has a full-time job now, so he can't make it, and Jason happens to have class at that time.
I could probably wiggle free :)

Reactions: drewjin
I could probably wiggle free :)
Send him in! Eventually Fitz will lose his cool and ask:
what-about-bob-movie-quotes.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT