ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Wootton joining BTN

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
We'll see good ol' No. 99 in studio on BTN. From a release....

A few fresh faces will appear in BTN studios this fall, including Braylon Edwards, James Laurinaitis and Corey Wootton. Edwards is a former Biletnikoff Award winner at Michigan and No. 3 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Laurinaitas is a former Butkus Award winner at Ohio State and was a second-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft before a productive eight-year career and Wootton was a first-team All-Big Ten defensive end at Northwestern and six-year NFL veteran.

A few fresh faces will appear in BTN studios this fall, including Braylon Edwards, James Laurinaitis and Corey Wootton. Edwards is a former Biletnikoff Award winner at Michigan and No. 3 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft. Laurinaitas is a former Butkus Award winner at Ohio State and was a second-round pick in the 2009 NFL draft before a productive eight-year career and Wootton was a first-team All-Big Ten defensive end at Northwestern and six-year NFL veteran.

Don't forget another NU grad.....

Glad to see another NU grad up their. NU ranks at BTN have gotten a little thin. Since Chis Martin left has there been anyone for FB?

I think Corey might thrive in this role. He seemed very well spoken the time I met him.
I remember my wife thinking he was very handsome.:mad:
The camera should love him. If he could act, he would do well as an action hero for Marvels.

Reactions: NUCat320
Are you sure she is the first woman for BTN to do play by play? I thought there was a woman that broadcast al ot of NU games on BTN. Or did she just do color?

Are you thinking of the two women who do games on ESPN? Anyway, this is from the NU media so it is probably correct.

Glad to see another NU grad up their. NU ranks at BTN have gotten a little thin. Since Chis Martin left has there been anyone for FB?
Don't forget that Dave Revsine is an alum. He was also a fraternity brother (I was his torturer, er pledge trainer). Great guy. Tells me it is very hard for him to stay neutral when discussing the Cat on air.

What happened to Chris Martin? I really like him and thought he did a good job

I, too, had a chance to meet Woot a few years ago. Class act, very impressive guy. And unless my memory is failing me (which is always a possibility), I seem to recall Laurinaitis giving an address at a Big Ten Kickoff luncheon some years ago, and I remember being surprised and frankly pretty impressed with him. I'm sure a number of us have attended these things; am I misremembering? I know Dustin Fox, also of OSU, gave a terrific speech at one of these, as did Kirk Cousins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT