ADVERTISEMENT

Cost Cutting in FB

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
MAC has decided that no teams will stay in hotels the night before home games. Seems like a fairly reasonable way to save a little money-no costs for hotel rooms, meals, buses etc

Coaches may have to rely on team discipline to prevent any "hangovers" from this policy change

MAC has decided that no teams will stay in hotels the night before home games. Seems like a fairly reasonable way to save a little money-no costs for hotel rooms, meals, buses etc

Coaches may have to rely on team discipline to prevent any "hangovers" from this policy change
I always thought that was a ridiculously wasteful practice anyway. Hope it goes away everywhere. If these kids can't be trusted to have a good pre-game regiment including arriving on time Saturday morning, then what's the point?

I always thought that was a ridiculously wasteful practice anyway. Hope it goes away everywhere. If these kids can't be trusted to have a good pre-game regiment including arriving on time Saturday morning, then what's the point?
Hinman House in the 70's was an all night Friday party. Wonder how an athlete sleeps there.......

Hinman House in the 70's was an all night Friday party. Wonder how an athlete sleeps there.......
I lived on the first floor of Hinman as a freshman during ‘71-‘72. One time I rotated between parties between Hinman and Sigma Chi which led to my first experience waking up to bed spins. That was after coming back to my room and collapsing on my bed and having my roommate carry me to the bathroom so I could pay the price for my overindulgence with alcohol that night. Not a pleasant memory.

I lived on the first floor of Hinman as a freshman during ‘71-‘72. One time I rotated between parties between Hinman and Sigma Chi which led to my first experience waking up to bed spins. That was after coming back to my room and collapsing on my bed and having my roommate carry me to the bathroom so I could pay the price for my overindulgence with alcohol that night. Not a pleasant memory.
No, but a great story. ;)

Reactions: BFDCat and NUCat320
Staying at a hotel the night before the game is a great way to encourage rest and camraderie plus get in a few nice meals with some game coaching and focus thrown in. If I was a coach, this would be one of the last expenses I would want cut. I guess all is fair game when you don't have the bucks, however.

Staying at a hotel the night before the game is a great way to encourage rest and camraderie plus get in a few nice meals with some game coaching and focus thrown in. If I was a coach, this would be one of the last expenses I would want cut. I guess all is fair game when you don't have the bucks, however.
Couldn't they all stay together at the new facility on the lake? Just bring in beds, etc. like they did at McCormick Place.

Multiple D1 baseball programs have been cut already. The cost of this to athletic departments is catastrophic.

depending on whether they have 2 to a room, 100 people x 150 each so 15k x 7. So 100k, plus some you could just drive up in the morning like MSU to Mich or us to Wisc.

Might seem paltry but I looked in my wallet this morning and did NOT find 100k cash.

Reactions: TheC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT