ADVERTISEMENT

Cunningham

NJCat83588

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Ed Cunningham was on fire today. Said over and over that this is not the NU team he saw last season against Michigan. Was thoroughly impressed with the way NU played. I like him because he isn't afraid to call it the way it is: was all over David Shaw for being so conservative, and on the refs for their goofy spotting of the punts out of bounds. He did waffle a little when he said NU would play it conservative after the 2 Long runs, and Clayton threw that picture perfect fade to Shuler, which in my mind was hardly conservative. Ed tried to excuse it with saying that was a throw which is rarely intercepted and so it was conservative.!

Though it was an excellent announcing team today including -- surprise-- Dr. Jerry Punch!

Also stated that last year's problem wasn't the QB.

Both Fitz and Franklin talked of improvement on the O-line; guess only one was accurate

I got the idea that Patrick and Cunningham are veterans who actually do their homework studying the teams before calling the games (or at least they have damn good researcher feeding them info!).

I was pleased to see Joey Galloway in the half-time studio rather than a broadcasting booth.

ADVERTISEMENT