ADVERTISEMENT

Defense wasn't the problem today.

Didn't get the stop when they needed it, but kept the score within reach. Does this mean Retains JON? Oh, the intrigue.
Absolutely not. Purdue missed some wide open receivers today. NU’s defense has been poor nearly the entire season when the weather wasn’t horrific!

They defended well, and we ran it well.

Averaging 10 pts a game in last 8 games. Impossible to win like that. It's like 2019

Reactions: zeek55
The weather was the biggest factor for our defense today. But Fitz will use that as an excuse to keep JON.

Reactions: eddie_gocats
I'm not one to defend JON's defense, but isn't it possible that NU's D had something to do with Purdue's psssing game today?
Can Mitchell was pretty good but AOC missed a wide open Purdue WR when NU slipped in the third and Purdue had several drops. It wasn’t the worst defense today but the wind was a factor. When we look back at all of NU’s “better defensive performances” you’ll notice a lot of rainy and windy days.

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Spotting the Boilermakers 3 turnovers didn't help the cause. It looks like we are screwed at qb as well. With Illinois playing the Wolverines tough, I am not optimistic about next Saturday. The next few weeks will be very interesting. I wonder who will get the axe first, and when. At this point, both my alma maters would have a decent shot at beating the Wildcats.

Spotting the Boilermakers 3 turnovers didn't help the cause. It looks like we are screwed at qb as well. With Illinois playing the Wolverines tough, I am not optimistic about next Saturday. The next few weeks will be very interesting. I wonder who will get the axe first, and when. At this point, both my alma maters would have a decent shot at beating the Wildcats.
Is one in the MAC and he other in the Ivy League?

Is one in the MAC and he other in the Ivy League?
EMU and Dayton. Dayton this season would be a real stretch, but when I was there for grad school in the mid 90's they probably could have pulled off the upset. A few years ago they probably could have as well. Pioneer League is a FCS non scholarship league

Didn't get the stop when they needed it, but kept the score within reach. Does this mean Retains JON? Oh, the intrigue.
Still many many instances of players being out of position on defense today. Also many instances of blatant indecision, especially by linebackers and edge players.

Reactions: mountaindrew
What a collection of unusual comments. Kids played hard and fairly well. How close or far away are we? Another one score defeat.
Agree 100%.The guys could have just mailed this game in with our record and starting a 4th string QB.They didn't.They came out and competed and made Purdue earn their win.Shows that the coaches have not lost this team.
Not saying changes should not be made.There must be.
Just want to tip my hat to our guys.They made us proud by giving their all.That's all we can ask.
Now let's see what changes to the coaching staff,so as to put our guys in better position to win.

Jim O’Neil put on a show against Ohio St and Purdue. Job is his unless NFL comes calling.

Jim O’Neil put on a show against Ohio St and Purdue. Job is his unless NFL comes calling.
Scoring defense we're 12th in the league. Yardage defense we're 11th in the league. Defensive pass efficiency we're 11th. Rushing defense we're dead last. Interceptions and sacks by we're both 13th, next to last. Losing close games doesn't excuse that.

Scoring defense we're 12th in the league. Yardage defense we're 11th in the league. Defensive pass efficiency we're 11th. Rushing defense we're dead last. You think "putting on a show" overcomes that? Seriously?
It’s a lot of bother to post a gif from a phone, but just imagine one of Weiner Wolfcastle saying THATS THE JOKE or the Superman joke float one and you’ll get the idea

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT