ADVERTISEMENT

Deuce Trey

There's also a post from the #1 Ash-man, Wrassler. I wonder if Jordan is amused or horrified by Wrassler's obsession. Regardless, I hope Jordan absolutely kicks ass this season.

Also, you can follow WalkerFan on twitter:

https://twitter.com/GiantDouche

There's also a post from the #1 Ash-man, Wrassler. I wonder if Jordan is amused or horrified by Wrassler's obsession. Regardless, I hope Jordan absolutely kicks ass this season.

Also, you can follow WalkerFan on twitter:

https://twitter.com/GiantDouche

Looks pretty clear to me that he's using the reactions to Wrassler's posts as motivation. And good for him, taking the negative reactions to Wrassler's over-the-top fawning and turning them into a positive.

I have no idea what to expect from him this season, but I for one hope Ash takes a big step this year. He certainly seems to have been working his ass off in a minor role for the past three years, and it should be easy for any of us to root for him.

I think it could be a very good year for Ash.

If I have one criticism of CCC it is that he gets too set with his core rotation loses his perspective on the rest of the roster. Prime example of this is Benson who, when there suddenly wasn't an alternative for the coach, showed that he was more than capable playing major minutes.

I honestly don't know that Ash has ever been given the space he needs to succeed. He's powerful physically for his size, and an above average defender. But he was pulled if he did not show it offensively. Yes, he was given some games out of necessity, but the in background always hovered the fact that B Mac would be back and Ash would sit.

I know how hard Ash works and really wouldn't be surprised if the year was filled with "where'd he come from."

I hope Jordan takes it all in and turns it into just some more personal motivation.

What I hope for for Jordan Ash is that he has an Alvin Ellis III type senior year! Nothing flashy but very solid. I agree that Ash has worked very hard on his game. But, what I love about him and have a great deal of respect for is that he comes across as the ultimate team player. You need guys like him.

I also hope that Benson takes that next step in the maturation process and in return receive more playing time. We will need all players on deck to have a successful 2018-19 campaign!

Reactions: EagerFan
you'd have to imagine many players read the boards or Inside NU or /r/CFB (or /r/CBB). I'd be interested in what people were saying about me online!

If I have one criticism of CCC it is that he gets too set with his core rotation loses his perspective on the rest of the roster. Prime example of this is Benson who, when there suddenly wasn't an alternative for the coach, showed that he was more than capable playing major minutes.

I honestly don't know that Ash has ever been given the space he needs to succeed. He's powerful physically for his size, and an above average defender. But he was pulled if he did not show it offensively. Yes, he was given some games out of necessity, but the in background always hovered the fact that B Mac would be back and Ash would sit.

I know how hard Ash works and really wouldn't be surprised if the year was filled with "where'd he come from."
I love Benson also. If he can add some weight and muscle,he can add a lot to our team. Benson played well down the stretch. We need everyone to play team ball. My only concern right now is we lack team speed and ball handlers. Everything else looks like a sweet sixteen team. You guys tell me" Who can break a Michigan press right now"? Cuz I don't see anyone except Ash. Maybe Turner and Law and Gaines can add some semblance of support. But those guys will get beat everytime by a 6:2 ,four four,four five speed guy,which every team has in the BT!

you'd have to imagine many players read the boards or Inside NU or /r/CFB (or /r/CBB). I'd be interested in what people were saying about me online!

Sure. Human nature.

My wife is a primary care physician. She and her colleagues regularly read the online reviews and yelps written about them. Generally it's often the crazy patients who take the time to write lengthy incoherent reviews of their doctors. I guess the same could be said about college football and basketball message boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: NU Houston
Sure. Human nature.

My wife is a primary care physician. She and her colleagues regularly read the online reviews and yelps written about them. Generally it's often the crazy patients who take the time to write lengthy incoherent reviews of their doctors. I guess the same could be said about college football and basketball message boards.
Seems like many of them actually can tell you the MO of some of the most infamous posters.

ash is playing really solid. one of taylor or turner has missed some time with a minor injury and is just getting back on the court.

top 5 looking like:
pardon
Nance
Law
and 2 of 3 of ash/turner/taylor
Folks doubted Wrassler,but it looks like I'm right again. Ash will lead us to the sweet sixteen and make us forget bmac!

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320

Ash was better than Bmac last year. I'm just glad he is getting his chance.

ash is playing really solid. one of taylor or turner has missed some time with a minor injury and is just getting back on the court.

top 5 looking like:
pardon
Nance
Law
I think both Taylor and Turner are great players that will help us tremendously! But they are both small forward or forwards, not guards. When Ash needs a breather, we will be limited somewhat. I want both Turner and Taylor to start. My guess is Nance is just to good to sit. So we have a plethora of forwards. In crunch time, Ash will have to be on the floor. Why? He is our only true ball handler who is quick enough to break down a press, plus he is our best defender.

Turns out at least one NU hoopster follows this dopey board.....check out the top of Jordan Ash's twitter feed, with comments from Hungry (funny) and WalkerFan (hypercritical):

https://twitter.com/Jay_DeuceTrey
Wreseleone is right about Ash and has stuck with him the whole time while DaCat and others mock him. It's truly really sad. I remember watching Ash at Proviso Tournament when I went with C. Hightower and he was the MVP of the tournament. I wouldn't expect anything less than Ash starting at PG this year. When he is given a leadership role, he has always embraced it and has had incredible success. It's what he does.

top 5 looking like:
pardon
Nance
Law
Nance starting suggest that he is already ready since we have other quality guys (Unless someone else is hurt?). Aren't Turner/Taylor about the same type of player? Since both can shoot, what is maybe the second best feature of each of these players?

Why aren't we talking more about Haywood's post?

Pretty huge news how fast Nance has moved up. Very exciting.

I think unless he's injured, Taylor starts for his scoring. But Turner gets tons of time, and probably plenty of starts.

If, as Haywood says, Ash is playing really solid, he's the other starter....but Greer and Gaines get tons of time.

I think that while Falzon may lose his starting slot to Nance, he may get more minutes than Nance. That sort of thing.

Turner, Gaines, Benson and Falzon off the bench is pretty solid. A few years ago we'd have been excited to have them as the core of NU basketball.

Why aren't we talking more about Haywood's post?

Pretty huge news how fast Nance has moved up. Very exciting.

I think unless he's injured, Taylor starts for his scoring. But Turner gets tons of time, and probably plenty of starts.

If, as Haywood says, Ash is playing really solid, he's the other starter....but Greer and Gaines get tons of time.

I think that while Falzon may lose his starting slot to Nance, he may get more minutes than Nance. That sort of thing.

Turner, Gaines, Benson and Falzon off the bench is pretty solid. A few years ago we'd have been excited to have them as the core of NU basketball.

And Kopp! I like the top 10 players individually a lot. It all depends on how they come together and if the chemistry works. Here's my guess...

First 5:
LG: Ash
W1: Taylor
W2: Law
W3: Nance
BIG: Pardon

That's 4 seniors and our highest rated first year.

Next 5:
Turner
Falzon
Gaines
Benson
Kopp

As needed, ideally redshirt:
Greer
Young

Again, no idea how this team comes together until we see them play, but it sure is a lot of length. I like the experience of the first 5 to balance Nance. Shooting off the bench is also interesting with Falzon, Turner and Kopp. Any one of these guys could get hot from 3 in any given game and play extended minutes. Lastly, anxious to see how Gaines and Benson have developed their games during the offseason.

With Nance in the predicted starting lineup as stated above I do not believe that CC will be asking a great deal from him. Nance will be surrounded by four veteran players and will have a specific role. He want even be asked to score at a high clip because he will not be a top three scoring option. With this starting lineup there should not be a great deal of pressure on him. As the coach mentioned earlier the freshmen get to be freshmen with very little pressure placed on them to produce like MacIntosh and Law had to do in their first year. His insertion into the starting lineup insures that you also have veterans coming off the bench, which should balance things out quite nicely. I think Nance is in an excellent spot to flourish. Again, we need Nance to produce better than Skelly's senior year all around numbers (pts, rbs, blks, and asts). If he can do that we are going to be pretty competitive. And, I do not believe that that is asking for too much.

It is great to hear that Ash is playing well in practice but it may be asking a bit too much of him to score 10 plus ppg. The predictive models have Turner at 10 ppg for a reason and that reason is that he has proven that he can do so at this level. CC will be able to do so much more in my estimation with Turner starting. With Turner's size and length, our man to man defense should be able to switch off with no problems from positions one through four. Also, it will be interesting to watch our numbers of stls per game trend up, which I believe will happen with this lineup which will hopefully produce easy transition baskets. Turner should also be able to post any guard that guards him. Turner is too much of a mismatch to not start him at lead guard. The only concern about Turner is his rebounding numbers at BC. I would like to see him rebound for us and initiate an uptempo offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medill90
Wreseleone is right about Ash and has stuck with him the whole time while DaCat and others mock him. It's truly really sad. I remember watching Ash at Proviso Tournament when I went with C. Hightower and he was the MVP of the tournament. I wouldn't expect anything less than Ash starting at PG this year. When he is given a leadership role, he has always embraced it and has had incredible success. It's what he does.

I've never mocked Ash, in fact I like him a lot. It's just too bad that wrassler with his clown act turned Ash into a laughingstock on this board. I'm very happy to see that Ash could be a solid contributor, and realize it has zero to do with wrassler. Zero.

I've never mocked Ash, in fact I like him a lot. It's just too bad that wrassler with his clown act turned Ash into a laughingstock on this board. I'm very happy to see that Ash could be a solid contributor, and realize it has zero to do with wrassler. Zero.
That goes for all of us hoop fans on here! Thank you very much. As if, like Robert Deniro,in the movie,"The Fan", your actions have any relationship to the on court performance of our team!

I would revise my earlier thoughts. I bet the early season is Ash, Taylor, Law, Falzon (if heathy, else Nance), Pardon w lots of Turner, Kopp and Benson.

Gaines play depends heavily on Ash and injuries. If Ash holds the starting spot then he has turned a corner. If not, Turner is inserted and Ash probably falls out of rotation to Gaines and the future.

Kopp probably depends on the health and usefulness of Falzon. If Falzon finally emerges, then Kopp gets some time. If Falzon can’t play, then we get a healthy dose of Kopp backing up Nance (though curious whether Law or Kopp cover the 4).

I think best case is Ash starting into the B1G season as it means he has raised the level of his game and is eating PG minutes (I just don’t see Gaines as a PG or LG). I would like to see a bunch of Falzon, but I have given up here. I really suspect he may be another medical retirement.

I would revise my earlier thoughts. I bet the early season is Ash, Taylor, Law, Falzon (if heathy, else Nance), Pardon w lots of Turner, Kopp and Benson.

Gaines play depends heavily on Ash and injuries. If Ash holds the starting spot then he has turned a corner. If not, Turner is inserted and Ash probably falls out of rotation to Gaines and the future.

Kopp probably depends on the health and usefulness of Falzon. If Falzon finally emerges, then Kopp gets some time. If Falzon can’t play, then we get a healthy dose of Kopp backing up Nance (though curious whether Law or Kopp cover the 4).

I think best case is Ash starting into the B1G season as it means he has raised the level of his game and is eating PG minutes (I just don’t see Gaines as a PG or LG). I would like to see a bunch of Falzon, but I have given up here. I really suspect he may be another medical retirement.
What's up with Falzon? He's our best pure shooter! Hope he is healthy. If not,can we get another transfer by January 1st?

With Nance in the predicted starting lineup as stated above I do not believe that CC will be asking a great deal from him. Nance will be surrounded by four veteran players and will have a specific role. He want even be asked to score at a high clip because he will not be a top three scoring option. With this starting lineup there should not be a great deal of pressure on him. As the coach mentioned earlier the freshmen get to be freshmen with very little pressure placed on them to produce like MacIntosh and Law had to do in their first year. His insertion into the starting lineup insures that you also have veterans coming off the bench, which should balance things out quite nicely. I think Nance is in an excellent spot to flourish. Again, we need Nance to produce better than Skelly's senior year all around numbers (pts, rbs, blks, and asts). If he can do that we are going to be pretty competitive. And, I do not believe that that is asking for too much.

It is great to hear that Ash is playing well in practice but it may be asking a bit too much of him to score 10 plus ppg. The predictive models have Turner at 10 ppg for a reason and that reason is that he has proven that he can do so at this level. CC will be able to do so much more in my estimation with Turner starting. With Turner's size and length, our man to man defense should be able to switch off with no problems from positions one through four. Also, it will be interesting to watch our numbers of stls per game trend up, which I believe will happen with this lineup which will hopefully produce easy transition baskets. Turner should also be able to post any guard that guards him. Turner is too much of a mismatch to not start him at lead guard. The only concern about Turner is his rebounding numbers at BC. I would like to see him rebound for us and initiate an uptempo offense.

I'd add that it's ok if Ash doesn't score if he can handle and distribute, and play good D. And "not scoring" shouldn't be missing shots at a high rate.

What's up with Falzon? He's our best pure shooter! Hope he is healthy. If not,can we get another transfer by January 1st?
he is a dud. Hasnt been that great on the outside at all and he has zero inside game.
Gaines is a poor man sanjay and Benson is a slightly better version of Rowley. Both arent "wow" but leave it all on the floor and thats all you can ask from bench players.

And Kopp! I like the top 10 players individually a lot. It all depends on how they come together and if the chemistry works. Here's my guess...

First 5:
LG: Ash
W1: Taylor
W2: Law
W3: Nance
BIG: Pardon

That's 4 seniors and our highest rated first year.

Next 5:
Turner
Falzon
Gaines
Benson
Kopp

As needed, ideally redshirt:
Greer
Young

Again, no idea how this team comes together until we see them play, but it sure is a lot of length. I like the experience of the first 5 to balance Nance. Shooting off the bench is also interesting with Falzon, Turner and Kopp. Any one of these guys could get hot from 3 in any given game and play extended minutes. Lastly, anxious to see how Gaines and Benson have developed their games during the offseason.

I still think Turner plays ahead of Ash. Haywood said 2/3 of Turner, Taylor, and Ash. I think it'll be Turner and Taylor.

I think it could be a pretty poison pill reading the boards as a player. And I don't just mean WR, but sports boards in general. Fans can be a fickle and unpleasant bunch...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT