ADVERTISEMENT

Did I dream this...

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
or, a week ago this time, wasn't Lausch the go to QB for the next three years in the minds of board posters. Finally, we have a QB, whew! Fickle isn't just Wisconsin's coach, it is many NU fans. Get a f'ing grip, focus on the OLine, and as far as I'm concerned that is still Fitz's oversight to repair. This is NU, it's not overnight magic.

Last edited:
or, a week ago this time, wasn't Lausch the go to QB for the next three years in the minds of board posters. Finally, we have a QB, whew! Fickle isn't just Wisconsin's coach, he is many NU fans. Get a f'ing grip, focus on the OLine, and as far as I'm concerned that is still Fitz's oversight to repair. This is NU, it's not overnight magic.
Lausch is one piece He may be THE guy. But he is only one piece of the puzzle. Fitz & co were bringing in pretty good looking OL guys. 2023 class included some pretty good looking guys. Class of 2024 was looking to be one of Fitz's best ever across the board. Priebe was solid. When Fitz was fired, they decided to go elsewhere. Pretty hard to build an OL when two classes plus are gutted

Last edited:
or, a week ago this time, wasn't Lausch the go to QB for the next three years in the minds of board posters. Finally, we have a QB, whew! Fickle isn't just Wisconsin's coach, it is many NU fans. Get a f'ing grip, focus on the OLine, and as far as I'm concerned that is still Fitz's oversight to repair. This is NU, it's not overnight magic.
Rebuilding is never an overnight venture, but the rebuild has to have a decent start to it. It makes recruiting harder for a staff when you have to sell a program that seems to be floundering as it has for the past several seasons. Going from first to worst twice, as we are about to do something almost similar this go around, isn't going to bring in better talent, unless we get guys who think they can start immediately, which if they are really good, shouldn't be a problem. Too bad we could not have grabbed Cignetti. A really dynamic offense is what would bring in better offensive players. The defense is tight. Braun/ Lujan deserve two more seasons, but the inconsistency in year 2 isn't a good sign.

LOL. Are we doing this again? Who was coming in?? We won 3 games in 3 seasons under mister can’t evolve.
With the loss of Knox, that will be 3/4 (Senda Auburn, Doost Ariz and now Knox) out of class of 2023 which was looking like a very good class. They would be in their second year right when the best could start to contribute. We lost Preibe to Mich and he was our best OL Lost the top 60% of class of 24 and I think there were a couple OL in that group as well that were lost before being replaced with lower rated recruits. We lost a ton ( in more ways than one) Pretty hard to build a solid line when it has been gutted like that.

Reactions: palbeans
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT