ADVERTISEMENT

didn't see it posted here, but CCC offered Max Christie

Just read that his mother, Katrina Hannaford Christie, played at Northwestern and is second all-time on the Wildcats' career field-goal percentage list.

Imagine having two legacies on the team, Baldwin and Christie. That would be awesome.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I swear we (up until very recently) had rule to see at least 2 years of grades before offering a kid. Did this change? Lou?

I swear we (up until very recently) had rule to see at least 2 years of grades before offering a kid. Did this change? Lou?

In the category of "Did this change ...," early in his NU career, didn't Collins once say something to the effect that he was going to run a program that considered offers valuable and he would only make offers very judiciously - basically to kids he only knew would take the offers or include NU as one of their final choices?

Am I inventing this? I fully admit I might be confusing it with another team.

If not, anybody know what changed? This year the program has offers all over the place ... quite a bit different than past years.

In the category of "Did this change ...," early in his NU career, didn't Collins once say something to the effect that he was going to run a program that considered offers valuable and he would only make offers very judiciously - basically to kids he only knew would take the offers or include NU as one of their final choices?

Am I inventing this? I fully admit I might be confusing it with another team.

If not, anybody know what changed? This year the program has offers all over the place ... quite a bit different than past years.
Love it and hope he keeps it up. Maybe Fitz could copy.

Verbal commits shows that Illinois offered 26 '19 prospects.

NU offers are indicated at 6 prospects....I think a couple have already removed NU from their list....and that goes for U of I as well.

It's my opinion that NU is being pretty judicious with its picks....the kids have to be able to qualify academically.....and through an interview they have to demonstrate they are a cultural fit for the team. I base that on no knowledge whatsoever.

It seems that when Collins is sweet on a kid and the interest is reciprocated the team goes full bore and either gets the kid or ends up as a second choice.

The issue, as always, is that the population of recruits capable of competing in the Big Ten who are candidates for admission to NU, is 1/4 (or so) the size of the population of recruits who are candidates to get into any other Big Ten university.

i think the rule is that the kid has to finish his freshman year now

also i didn't connect that both christie and baldwin could be legacy athletes in the same class. that could be huge for NU

Just read that his mother, Katrina Hannaford Christie, played at Northwestern and is second all-time on the Wildcats' career field-goal percentage list.

Imagine having two legacies on the team, Baldwin and Christie. That would be awesome.

Katrina was a big contributor on the team that made the NCAA tourney in 1997, along with the likes of Michele Ratay, Kristina Divjak and Megan Chawansky. That was a fun time for NU women’s hoops.

Katrina was a big contributor on the team that made the NCAA tourney in 1997, along with the likes of Michele Ratay, Kristina Divjak and Megan Chawansky. That was a fun time for NU women’s hoops.
I will occasionally run across Megan Chawansky’s Mother around town, and I’ll bring up how good I thought that team was.

Reactions: Medill90
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT