ADVERTISEMENT

Dinardo on SCORE

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
so do not know if I interpreted this correctly but here is what I thought I heard..
Dinardo basically said that most coaches learn to block out the noise.....He said however, that if everyone always is saying the same thing maybe you should at least listen and evaluate. Most interesting was said the noise has said, coaching( assume he meant McCall on offense) scheme ( assume he meant our predictability), and recruiting (I assume he was referring to skill players) . I took this to mean almost an endorsement for Fitz to take a deep look at what is happening offensively..

DiNardo also mentioned "offense" and "QB" as two areas where there is a lot of outside noise that Fitz should be paying attention to. I took this to mean: replace McCall and start Hunter.

Reactions: IGNORE
DiNardo also mentioned "offense" and "QB" as two areas where there is a lot of outside noise that Fitz should be paying attention to. I took this to mean: replace McCall and start Hunter.
You don’t need to know anything a out football to know that McCall needs to go

I like DiNardo and believe he has good insights, including his recent comments, but I also think historically he has not been a fan of how Fitz runs the program. He is always underwhelmed by the talent and coaching and implies that NU's success is surprising. Fitz clearly does not cater to BTN during their yearly preseason tour.

Recently, Fitz has toned down his arrogance. I believe he is eating a little humble pie plus I think he got advice from some elders. Hopefully, he comes out of this year a better coach, more mature and less defensive.

I like DiNardo and believe he has good insights, including his recent comments, but I also think historically he has not been a fan of how Fitz runs the program. He is always underwhelmed by the talent and coaching and implies that NU's success is surprising. Fitz clearly does not cater to BTN during their yearly preseason tour.

Recently, Fitz has toned down his arrogance. I believe he is eating a little humble pie plus I think he got advice from some elders. Hopefully, he comes out of this year a better coach, more mature and less defensive.

Hard not to reevaluate when you are 1-8

Dinardo has maintained over last few years that defense has talent and athleticism to be one of the best while offense is well behind. Makes this point annually on the camp tour.

And he is correct. Our offensive recruiting especially at skill positions has not been good.

I heard the whole interview and iMO there is no doubt he meant that. Very PC and diplomatic, even said he hoped Fitz doesn’t make the same mistakes he did.

pretty much all the talking heads have said the same thing. Hopefully, Fitz doesn’t dig in his heels and say it’s just some dumb ass fans venting.

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE
I heard the whole interview and iMO there is no doubt he meant that. Very PC and diplomatic, even said he hoped Fitz doesn’t make the same mistakes he did.

pretty much all the talking heads have said the same thing. Hopefully, Fitz doesn’t dig in his heels and say it’s just some dumb ass fans venting.
"Dumb Ass Fans Venting" would be a good name for a reality show, or a Polish ska band.

I can accept much of what DiNardo said but. seems like he has been anti NU for quite awhile, even though I think his nephew played for the Cats.

Take your ill-informed political analogy to the Rant Board. Try limiting your ill-informed posts to McCall or any other NU football topic you know little about.
Touched a nerve! Logic and facts are your friend....

Why isnt Willy screaming to put curdogs post on the rant board? Oh that's right...birds of a feather certainly flock together with their tribes (as the Rant Boarders love to say).

Erik
Sorry if I triggered anyone....this is supposed to be a safe space

Sorry if I triggered anyone....this is supposed to be a safe space

Definitely not triggered....those would be your posts. A dude named curdog posting what you post....it should not trigger anyone.

The NU board a safe space? Lol. It's the internet baby, it all goes.

Erik

How did a thread about Dinardo ( who I think knows his stuff) basically validating the issues with our offense and validating that we need to change evolve into....?????not sure what..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT