ADVERTISEMENT

Do a B1G Brother a Solid

Dec 5, 2001
What are some recommended hotels near Ryan Stadium.
Don't want fleas, but I don't need fancy, and - because I'm gonna get there after 9 pm and go to our game at 11 (Central time) on 10/22 I don't wanna spend an arm or leg.

Just a clean, safe, quiet place to sleep.
Breakfast crap appreciated but optional.
Recommendation on a good breakfast restaurant nearby appreciated too.

TIA.

I recommend the Ewing Annex Hotel 426 S Clarke in Chicago. You'll have the redline right there which will get you a block from the stadium.

312-939-9120

Walker Bros. Pancake House on Greenbay RD is within walking distance of the stadium. It is usually very busy but is convenient and serves great breakfasts

Evanston hotels may already be booked. The stadium is convenient to the EL(subway) and Metra(train) so a moderate priced Chicago hotel may be the best alternative.

Hopefully, some other posters will be more helpful about hotels. If you are driving the western suburbs may also have some possibilities

Extended Stay in Skokie is about $140 after all the fees. It is a 3.6 miles away.

Ever hear of Trivago, hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, AirBnB?
Yeah, they stink. I've been burned more than once using the recommendations and reservations of Expedia and Orbitz. I always prefer a recommendation from a real person. Trip Advisor is pretty good but mostly fro eating out.

Hotels.com has nothing in the Evanston area. However, there is a holiday Inn on Touhy Ave and a Hampton Inn on Old Orchard Rd just west of I 94 (Edens ) and a short ride to the stadium. It is also a few blocks from a large mall and a few miles from Ryan Field . haven't stayed in either one. There is also a cheaper Nest Western on Waukegan Rd just south of Golf Rd, but still an easy drive to the stadium (haven't stayed there either because I live in Skokie)

I hope you're not travel with your wife as it's a men's only hotel. I mean women are allowed, provided they are "women of ill-repute." Also, try not to get murdered there. I'd feel bad for sending you there and you couldn't get to the game which is the whole point of your trip.

I hope you're not travel with your wife as it's a men's only hotel. I mean women are allowed, provided they are "women of ill-repute." Also, try not to get murdered there. I'd feel bad for sending you there and you couldn't get to the game which is the whole point of your trip.

It'll be an adventure.

Hampton Inn on Old Orchard Rd just west of I 94 (Edens ) and a short ride to the stadium. It is also a few blocks from a large mall and a few miles from Ryan Field .

This place is perfectly fine. Did you find the Hyatt Place in downtown Evanston? I think it's a nice location.

Whuh? I see the Holiday, the Hilton Orrington, Hampton Garden, Hyatt House, the Homestead, and some place called the Margarita European Inn.
Margarita European Inn has a very good restaurant. European cuisine of course. Don't know much about the rooms, other then a couple of folks from the east lot have stayed there and gave it a thumbs up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT