ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone else fear another 1-2 OOC performance?

BigNUFan51

Nov 29, 2015
The second I saw that the Bowling Green game was under the lights I feared for the worse. I am extremely confident that they are going to lay an egg in that game, and they also can very easily lose to Duke in North Carolina where it will be 100 degrees in September.

In fact even if this team wins 11 games I still think one of their losses will be against BGSU. Anyone who has watched this team over the years will understand my concern.

The second I saw that the Bowling Green game was under the lights I feared for the worse. I am extremely confident that they are going to lay an egg in that game, and they also can very easily lose to Duke in North Carolina where it will be 100 degrees in September.

In fact even if this team wins 11 games I still think one of their losses will be against BGSU. Anyone who has watched this team over the years will understand my concern.

If they lose either of those games, then someone should be fired. I don't know who yet, because it hopefully will never come to pass and I don't imagine it ever will. But, we'd have to see what happened and whose failure to prepare (including recruiting, developing, and coaching up of the position group or groups) was at fault. If it does happen, my first guess would be the OL.

The Falcons did have a nice finish to the 2016 season, but outside of the last three games it was an otherwise dreadful first go around for Mike Jinks. We aren't talking about the BG squads of Babers/Clawson vintage.

If Dino was still charge, I'd be worried. As good a Hank is, facing the Veer & Shoot would scare the hell of me.

Last edited:
I didn't last year. And I don't this year. So what does that tell you.

If we lose at Duke, I won't be terribly upset but the other two.

In all honesty though if we lose any of those games, we are not a team that is good enough to hope to be Division champions. I expect more out of a B1G division champion.

I think the trap game is on the road at Maryland.

Why is that a trap game? Maryland has a nice team and winning on the road in the Big ten is always difficult. I am confident we can win that game but nobody should be overconfident going into that game.

This is Northwestern football. We won't go 0-3, but 3-0, 2-1, and 1-2 are all possible.

This is Northwestern football. We won't go 0-3, but 3-0, 2-1, and 1-2 are all possible.

I remember a time not too long ago when I wouldn't have agreed with this post.
Progress, I guess.

I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it, but I'm generally nervous until the game is definitely over.

One of my favorite things about the Big Ten Network is when they show an old NU game that I know we've won. I can watch it casually, maybe while working on something else, and I don't feel sick at all. It's all going to work out!

Reactions: mickbula
I wouldn't say I'm afraid of it, but I'm generally nervous until the game is definitely over.

One of my favorite things about the Big Ten Network is when they show an old NU game that I know we've won. I can watch it casually, maybe while working on something else, and I don't feel sick at all. It's all going to work out!
+1

I do wish we would have a game or two where we win by 30 or 40 points the way the teams who are considered the top teams like OSU, do.

Why is that a trap game? Maryland has a nice team and winning on the road in the Big ten is always difficult. I am confident we can win that game but nobody should be overconfident going into that game.

It's a trap game because it follows two rough games at Wisconsin and home against Penn State.

ADVERTISEMENT