ADVERTISEMENT

Dr Shapiro on B1g FB

docrugby1

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2010
ESPNU radio cited Dr. Shapiro( Chair of B1G Presidents ?) stating B1G will play football this fall, unless government prevents it. It was implied that it was an all or none scenario but I would bet if Illinois , New Jersey, and Maryland are closed down , solidarity would breakdown with OSU,PSU,Iowa , NU(red) and others playing

Hope everything works out and we see football soon. Maybe if we can make a bowl, by that time a vaccine will be available and we can put all of this pandemic behind us and actually root in person/not just on tv. Did anybody else see that Pete Nance's brother in the nba is very hesitant to head back to playing games? He evidently has been treated for crohn's. Scary situations. I'd tend to think a bunch of ncaa football players have similar preexisting disorders. Makes the whole situation very dangerous.

Last edited:
Hope everything works out and we see football soon. Maybe if we can make a bowl, by that time a vaccine will be available and we can put all of this pandemic behind us and actually root in person/not just on tv. Did anybody else see that Pete Nance's brother in the nba is very hesitant to head back to playing games? He evidently has been treated for crohn's. Scary situations. I'd tend to think a bunch of ncaa football players have similar preexisting disorders. Makes the whole situation very dangerous.
Scary for sure

Lockers rooms have sweat, basketball is played in close quarters, during the winter too. A mess

ESPNU radio cited Dr. Shapiro( Chair of B1G Presidents ?) stating B1G will play football this fall, unless government prevents it. It was implied that it was an all or none scenario but I would bet if Illinois , New Jersey, and Maryland are closed down , solidarity would breakdown with OSU,PSU,Iowa , NU(red) and others playing

Here's the Daily story on the "Conversation with the President," though there's no mention of football. Morty is planning for a Sept. 22 start of classes, as planned.

Schapiro talks fall plans

Rizzo and Lester from the Cubs are cancer survivors.

Can you imagine football on TV without the sound of cheering? Perhaps they will have canned cheering like they used to have canned laughter. TOUCHDOWN! Silence. Pretty doggone exciting.

Can you imagine football on TV without the sound of cheering? Perhaps they will have canned cheering like they used to have canned laughter. TOUCHDOWN! Silence. Pretty doggone exciting.
I watched a couple of Bundesliga games last Saturday, and it was bizarre not to have people in the stands. You could hear the players shouting (albeit in German) but celebrations after goals were greeted by mostly silence and physical distancing. Better than no soccer at all but definitely not the same.

Maybe we can have "remote" football games via Madden instead.

Is there any meaning to the "little g" in the thread title or is it just a typo? (It certainly looks funny.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT