ADVERTISEMENT

Dublin Game Tickets

jimmyNU

Sep 12, 2005
#FireMcCall
Fellow Wildcat Faithful,

This morning I contacted my assigned season ticket representative regarding Ireland. His response is below. Yesterday's media release mentioned 'ticket packages' for $250. Apparently, the $250 is a deposit on two gameday packages that are €795 ($967) and €595 ($725) respectively. It would appear that, like most things in life and sports, the rich people get first dibs.

I'm assuming that once these packages sell out, leftover tickets will be sold on ticketmaster or something similar.

Victory & Honor,
Jim

"Our official travel partner, Anthony Travel, will be handling the sale of all travel packs for this game. As of right now, purchasing a travel pack is the only way to get a ticket to the game through Northwestern. I’d recommend visiting Cats2Ireland.com to find more information about this game and to buy/put a deposit down for a travel package. If you have more detailed questions regarding this game then I’d recommend reaching out to Anthony Travel via email at Wildcats@onlocationexp.com"

Fellow Wildcat Faithful,

This morning I contacted my assigned season ticket representative regarding Ireland. His response is below. Yesterday's media release mentioned 'ticket packages' for $250. Apparently, the $250 is a deposit on two gameday packages that are €795 ($967) and €595 ($725) respectively. It would appear that, like most things in life and sports, the rich people get first dibs.

I'm assuming that once these packages sell out, leftover tickets will be sold on ticketmaster or something similar.

Victory & Honor,
Jim

"Our official travel partner, Anthony Travel, will be handling the sale of all travel packs for this game. As of right now, purchasing a travel pack is the only way to get a ticket to the game through Northwestern. I’d recommend visiting Cats2Ireland.com to find more information about this game and to buy/put a deposit down for a travel package. If you have more detailed questions regarding this game then I’d recommend reaching out to Anthony Travel via email at Wildcats@onlocationexp.com"
I just posted on the thread I started the other day. Packages start at about $2000 per person for 3 nights.
There may be some tix left over but those would not be released until closer to game time.

I just posted on the thread I started the other day. Packages start at about $2000 per person for 3 nights.
There may be some tix left over but those would not be released until closer to game time.
So there will be a bunch of NU people there that don't give a shite (sic) about NU football

Just like bowl games and everything else, going through NU is a very bad option.
Correct. I intend to go and take my wife, but not on an excursion that causes me to get ripped-off by a travel agency and/or NU. At this point we intend to make the trip regardless, and if we can get into the game, great! Hopefully I'll see you int the West Lot for a couple of games this season.

Same here.
Great! We'll probably go for about a week. arriving on the 25th. Generally, we do this stuff through Kensington Tours because they plan the trips specifically for the two of us. I make my own flight arrangements, which is something I've become pretty good at. When we've come up with our plan, I'll let you know. It might be helpful to you to have our plan both as to activities and costs. Since we're in Pa., it's highly likely that we'll fly out of New York, or D.C. Go 'Cats!

Correct. I intend to go and take my wife, but not on an excursion that causes me to get ripped-off by a travel agency and/or NU. At this point we intend to make the trip regardless, and if we can get into the game, great! Hopefully I'll see you int the West Lot for a couple of games this season.
You should be able to get into the game. Aviva Stadium capacity > 50K. I’m also thinking about going, but not with the NU package.

Great! We'll probably go for about a week. arriving on the 25th. Generally, we do this stuff through Kensington Tours because they plan the trips specifically for the two of us. I make my own flight arrangements, which is something I've become pretty good at. When we've come up with our plan, I'll let you know. It might be helpful to you to have our plan both as to activities and costs. Since we're in Pa., it's highly likely that we'll fly out of New York, or D.C. Go 'Cats!
No Chores-United and Aer Lingus fly non-stop to Dublin from Dulles(DC) American flies to Ireland from Philly

I agree that a self arranged trip, rather than a regimented tour should be more fun. If you get a group together, I will give you my contacts for a quality bus company. The cost of a bus deferred between 8 people costs about the same pp as renting a car and eliminates round-a-bout confusion and driving issues on the left side

Dublin is very expensive and I anticipate that costs will even be higher as the hotels, pubs and restaurants were in a severe lockdown and only began to relax restrictions last week, although the EU will be reopening to vaccinated visitors, so Ireland will probably follow suit.

The Cliffs of Moher are a major attraction . The 600' cliffs are dark and foreboding . In a remote part of Western Ireland, the Slieve League Clffs are 2000' -over 3 times as high, but rarely visited. Everyone will have the choice of doing the touristy things or exploring the less expensive regions of Ireland but regardless of your decision the pubs are a constant source of enjoyment

If you travel to N. Ireland you will notice a different "feel". I don't know how to explain but maybe a day in Belfast will let you feel the tension that still exists in the North. The Shankill and Falls Road areas are now relatively safe but the division between the Protestants and Catholics can still be felt

Last edited:
I’ve just been in touch with a former colleague in Dublin. He advises that the good “hotels will fill up fast” and suggests booking early. As well he suggests Dublin South/City Center as a good location.

No Chores-United and Aer Lingus fly non-stop to Dublin from Dulles(DC) American flies to Ireland from Philly

I agree that a self arranged trip, rather than a regimented tour should be more fun. If you get a group together, I will give you my contacts for a quality bus company. The cost of a bus deferred between 8 people costs about the same pp as renting a car and eliminates round-a-bout confusion and driving issues on the left side
Thanks doc! Love those non-stops and we have a daughter in D.C. who flies out of Dulles a bunch. We won't have a group because my wife has numerous residual problems as a result pf 4 bouts of cancer. Probably will use Kensington Tours as usual, and we'll stay in the Dublin area for the most part. Which nearby towns do you recommend, if any? We're doing Central and Eastern Europe late this summer out of Dulles.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I would say concentrate on Central Dublin-Trinity College, Guinness Factory, Templebar(!!!!), Kilmainham Gaol, Nassau St. Malahide is an upscale suburb(10 minute train from O'Connell Station) with a small central area with some good restaurants and Gibney's Pub. Howth is another area possibly worth a look with lots of seafood restaurants.

I will probably book a 2* hotel in the Templebar, so I won't miss the action. The Shelbourne is the most famous hotel. You must plan to spend an entire evening in the Templebar-the pubs, street entertainers and general merriment is contagious. In 2012, the pubs opened at 8AM with live entertainment and closed at 6AM for cleanup. The ND Band marched down Fleet St throughout the day

More distant, Kinsale is a quaint town with a beautiful protected harbor . It is considered the gourmet capital of Ireland-this may be an oxymoron however.. Killarney can be included on a Ring of Kerry tour if you venture from Dublin

A trip to Belfast could be interesting. Train service is inexpensive and with an overnight stay you could take in most of the sights including the Titanic Museum, The Gardens and the murals of the Shankill Rd

Last edited:
Dublin is very expensive and I anticipate that costs will even be higher as the hotels, pubs and restaurants were in a severe lockdown and only began to relax restrictions last week, although the EU will be reopening to vaccinated visitors, so Ireland will probably follow suit.

The Cliffs of Moher are a major attraction . The 600' cliffs are dark and foreboding . In a remote part of Western Ireland, the Slieve League Clffs are 2000' -over 3 times as high, but rarely visited. Everyone will have the choice of doing the touristy things or exploring the less expensive regions of Ireland but regardless of your decision the pubs are a constant source of enjoyment

If you travel to N. Ireland you will notice a different "feel". I don't know how to explain but maybe a day in Belfast will let you feel the tension that still exists in the North. The Shankill and Falls Road areas are now relatively safe but the division between the Protestants and Catholics can still be felt
I truly enjoyed N. Ireland. Didn't feel touristy at all except maybe Giants Causeway, a little. Getting deeper into The Troubles was somehow emotional for me. One of my favorite vacations ever.

One thing - I know, weird, I love cool, rainy weather. I don't think I saw the sun once.

I would say concentrate on Central Dublin-Trinity College, Guinness Factory, Templebar(!!!!), Kilmainham Gaol, Nassau St. Malahide is an upscale suburb(10 minute train from O'Connell Station) with a small central area with some good restaurants and Gibney's Pub. Howth is another area possibly worth a look with lots of seafood restaurants.

I will probably book a 2* hotel in the Templebar, so I won't miss the action. The Shelbourne is the most famous hotel. You must plan to spend an entire evening in the Templebar-the pubs, street entertainers and general merriment is contagious. In 2012, the pubs opened at 8AM with live entertainment and closed at 6AM for cleanup. The ND Band marched down Fleet St throughout the day

More distant, Kinsale is a quaint town with a beautiful protected harbor . It is considered the gourmet capital of Ireland-this may be an oxymoron however.. Killarney can be included on a Ring of Kerry tour if you venture from Dublin

A trip to Belfast could be interesting. Train service is inexpensive and with an overnight stay you could take in most of the sights including the Titanic Museum, The Gardens and the murals of the Shankill Rd
Great stuff, thanks doc!

My wife and I are also going - probably about a week. She wants to see Iona, and I want to take her to Edinburgh, since my company is headquartered there and I think it is probably one of the best walking cities I have ever been to. So Dublin for a couple of days (which my friends say is plenty), then off to Scotland.

I checked Ticketmaster-ticket availability is listed as low-sideline seats begin at 750 Euros !

My recent experience with Aer Lingus has been terrible. Golf trip begins at Lahinch -45 minutes from Shannon. Aer Lingus closed service to Shannon and rerouted us to Dublin -3:30 from Lahinch, then cancelled flights to Dublin then reticketed for 2 days later. I have prepaid $5000 dollars non-refundable to Lahinch and Ballybunion for tee times. I am currently scrambling to get compatible airline reservations

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT