ADVERTISEMENT

Duke lands Paolo Banchero

Five star 6'9 forward - #3 ranked player in the class of 2021, according to the 247Sports Composite. Does this help or hurt NU with Patrick Baldwin Jr.?
They play different positions, and Duke still has one open scholarship.

I'd say no impact on his decision. Duke is going to be loaded as usual.

I wouldn't be surprised if PBJ is down to Milwaukee and NU as his final two. The circumstances created by the COVID pandemic provide a unique situation for these two schools.

Reactions: NUCat320
I wouldn't be surprised if PBJ is down to Milwaukee and NU as his final two. The circumstances created by the COVID pandemic provide a unique situation for these two schools.
Would think that his parents would steer him to the school that has done a lot for his family and will serve him well in the future.

Reactions: mickbula
I mean, you’re talking about a kid who will spend 7 months on a college campus before he can go play pro ball. If the parents are going to push him to any particular place, they’re going to probably encourage him to spend 7 months where it will have the largest benefit for his family.... which would be playing for his dad and boosting his head coaching career.

But you’d hope that a family gives a kid the breathing room to make his own decisions, and supports him however he asks them to through the process, regardless of what they stand to gain from any decision. At least that’s what I hope I’d do.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT