ADVERTISEMENT

D'Wayne Bates Interview

Briefly caught up with D'Wayne outside the arena in Salt Lake City after the NCAA tournament win over Vanderbilt. He was better than most of the varsity men's team in pickup games at SPAC during his redshirt year. During the rebroadcast of the Rose Bowl a few weeks ago, I got a LinkedIn connection request from him right when he was catching the long pass that led to the final DA TD in the 4th that gave us the lead. Interesting coincidence.

Good to see two former Wildcat athletes doing well. I remember Patricia Babcock, who conducted the interview, did her journalism residency (TN back then) at the Daily Herald, the paper of choice for many scholarship athletes in Medill because it was local. And she's been there ever since graduating.

Last edited:
Briefly caught up with D'Wayne outside the arena in Salt Lake City after the NCAA tournament win over Vanderbilt. He was better than most of the varsity men's team in pickup games at SPAC during his redshirt year. During the rebroadcast of the Rose Bowl a few weeks ago, I got a LinkedIn connection request from him right when he was catching the long pass that led to the final DA TD in the 4th that gave us the lead. Interesting coincidence.

Good to see two former Wildcat athletes doing well. I remember Patricia Babcock did her journalism residency (TN back then) at the Daily Herald, the paper of choice for many scholarship athletes in Medill because it was local.
Patricia Babcock is still at the Daily Herald.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT