ADVERTISEMENT

Dylan Wu & David Lipsky PGA Thread

Congratulations to Dylan Wu, who like David Lipsky, will be on the PGA Tour next year! Hopefully Donald can get some sort of provisional status. He finished 16th today!
Unfortunately, it is looking like Harrington and Donald may not even qualify for the KF “play in” tournaments to earn a tour card. I don’t know what other options may exist for them at this point, other than winning the Barracuda tourney. A second or third place
finish may get them into the KF tour card tourneys.

Unfortunately, it is looking like Harrington and Donald may not even qualify for the KF “play in” tournaments to earn a tour card. I don’t know what other options may exist for them at this point, other than winning the Barracuda tourney. A second or third place
finish may get them into the KF tour card tourneys.
I think Donald can get a year exemption on the European Tour if he wants. Not sure. Donald looks like he can still compete. He is a top 150 player, IMHO

Glad to have another Cat to root for on the PGA tour next year. And I think he is still based in Evanston. Luke had a great career but I think it's pretty much over for him.

Reactions: Titanium999
Glad to have another Cat to root for on the PGA tour next year. And I think he is still based in Evanston. Luke had a great career but I think it's pretty much over for him.
Hard for a small guy like Luje to hang with the big hitters out there. He is top ten all time earnings on both tours combined.

With $36 million+ in career winnings (let alone the endorsement cash), I'm thinking no need to hold any tag days for Mr. Donald. He'll still be able to get into multiple events on the tour as a past winner, and has probably got plenty of juice left to pull in some sponsor's exemptions. Plus, six more years to the Champions Tour!

With $36 million+ in career winnings (let alone the endorsement cash), I'm thinking no need to hold any tag days for Mr. Donald. He'll still be able to get into multiple events on the tour as a past winner, and has probably got plenty of juice left to pull in some sponsor's exemptions. Plus, six more years to the Champions Tour!

I can see him holding his own on the Champions Tour.

Reactions: Titanium999
I hear ya! Donald was in contention for 3 of last 4 to 5 events. I'm hoping he takes his one time European Tour exemption and comes back strong next year. Donald has gotten longer off the tee,while still maintaining his strong iron game. He can play with anyone. He is a Ryder Cup Captain so likely he is not going away quietly!

Scott Harrington will have to earn his card vis the three-tournament Korn-Ferry route the next three weekends. Not sure what the situation is with Luke Donald. I think he has used up his options on the PGA Tour; could play on the European Tour as Titanium pointed out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT