ADVERTISEMENT

E J Liddell Update

1) I saw a different interview with Liddell from last week. He mentioned 7 or 8 schools. No mention of NU.

It's early, but when you're not on the radar with a list that long, it doesnt look good.

2) The Cats have also been been mentioned with 6-8 Isiah Stewart, originally from NY. He recently posted a list. No NU.

1) I saw a different interview with Liddell from last week. He mentioned 7 or 8 schools. No mention of NU.

It's early, but when you're not on the radar with a list that long, it doesnt look good.

2) The Cats have also been been mentioned with 6-8 Isiah Stewart, originally from NY. He recently posted a list. No NU.

Zeke is better than either of those guys. And he has NU squarely in the mix.

GOUNUII

Reactions: freewillie07
Man...wouldn't recruiting at that level just suck? So much luck involved (even when you go all in). I wonder how Dennis Green first felt when he arrived on campus in 1981. He literally had no chance to do better than 3-8 or so per year. Too many cards stacked against him.

Reactions: GOUNUII
Man...wouldn't recruiting at that level just suck? So much luck involved (even when you go all in). I wonder how Dennis Green first felt when he arrived on campus in 1981. He literally had no chance to do better than 3-8 or so per year. Too many cards stacked against him.

Gary Barnett took over a team that just went 0-11 and was getting hammered by scores of 72-10. And where the MSU 5th string tailback was scoring touchdowns, and the announcers were saying you couldn't blame the Spartans. They had put in kids who never saw the field and were running on every single play. You couldn't blame a kid who never plays for just running and not going out of bounds or taking a knee.

Gary Barnett took over a team that just went 0-11 and was getting hammered by scores of 72-10. And where the MSU 5th string tailback was scoring touchdowns, and the announcers were saying you couldn't blame the Spartans. They had put in kids who never saw the field and were running on every single play. You couldn't blame a kid who never plays for just running and not going out of bounds or taking a knee.
The Glades effect

Reactions: NUCat320
Barnett did the virtually impossible, and that should never be forgotten, but you don't help his legacy by just making things up. Barnett took over in 1992. NU had gone 3-8 in 1991, and no the 5th string tailback at MSU was not scoring TDs. In fact in 1991 NU beat MSU 16-13 in Francis Peay's final victory. 1989 was the disasterous year you are thinking of, but Peay had the team on a bit of an upswing (relatively speaking) by the time Barnett was brought in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT