ADVERTISEMENT

Enjoy this win

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Don’t try to overanalyze it. Don’t think too hard about where BC will end up at season’s end.

This was a road win over a Power 5 team in early December, often playing four underclassmen on the court at a time. We saw what Miller Kopp and Boo Buie are capable of when they’re on their game. We saw success in zone and man defense.

Enjoy it!

Don’t try to overanalyze it. Don’t think too hard about where BC will end up at season’s end.

This was a road win over a Power 5 team in early December, often playing four underclassmen on the court at a time. We saw what Miller Kopp and Boo Buie are capable of when they’re on their game. We saw success in zone and man defense.

Enjoy it!

Great win. Tons to build on, especially with Buie and Kopp stepping up.

One of the more interesting things is how relatively easy this win was, and how quiet Nance was.

You're not going to get 40 from Kopp and Buie every night, but Nance will always not be that quiet.

Reactions: EagerFan

Enjoy it!

Is this the first time we’ve played BC since the 2011 NIT? We also beat them by exactly 18 on the road (85-67) in that one.

One of the more interesting things is how relatively easy this win was, and how quiet Nance was.

You're not going to get 40 from Kopp and Buie every night, but Nance will always not be that quiet.
Could it just be that we have TWO viable point guards now? And B-Mac on the sideline as well. Sweet.

I was very pleased that Kopp was not passing up shots as he has often done. He is clearly a good shooter that should be taking every shot he can. He needs to be more alpha.

I wish I was as confident as you are about Nance not being quiet. I have been more optimistic about his improvement and assertiveness. No doubt he is more confident, just not sure that will be significant as the season progresses. Against Radford, we lost, but he was pissed off and, unlike others, fighting the entire way to the final buzzer. But he has been quiet for 3 games now (since Norfolk State). Things are just gonna get tougher with B1G competition. It's on him, but also on CCC, to figure out a way to be more involved and productive.

I was very pleased that Kopp was not passing up shots as he has often done. He is clearly a good shooter that should be taking every shot he can. He needs to be more alpha.

I wish I was as confident as you are about Nance not being quiet. I have been more optimistic about his improvement and assertiveness. No doubt he is more confident, just not sure that will be significant as the season progresses. Against Radford, we lost, but he was pissed off and, unlike others, fighting the entire way to the final buzzer. But he has been quiet for 3 games now (since Norfolk State). Things are just gonna get tougher with B1G competition. It's on him, but also on CCC, to figure out a way to be more involved and productive.

Nance made some sweet passes down the stretch and was active on the boards. This year we have several scoring options, so even a relatively quiet night on offense by one of the guys can be offset by a big night by another.

Nance made some sweet passes down the stretch and was active on the boards. This year we have several scoring options, so even a relatively quiet night on offense by one of the guys can be offset by a big night by another.

True. But a more involved and assertive Nance can only make us stronger. And without one we are probably not a tournament team in his Junior/Senior seasons.

True. But a more involved and assertive Nance can only make us stronger. And without one we are probably not a tournament team in his Junior/Senior seasons.

I definitely see Nance becoming more assertive as the season progresses. Already he is night-and-day better than last year. Next year will be really interesting - one interesting combination I want to see is Nance and Beran on the floor at the same time with Young. That would give us 6-11, 6-10, 6-9 height, add in Kopp at 6-7, and either Boo or Berry, and that is one long, athletic lineup.

I definitely see Nance becoming more assertive as the season progresses. Already he is night-and-day better than last year. Next year will be really interesting - one interesting combination I want to see is Nance and Beran on the floor at the same time with Young. That would give us 6-11, 6-10, 6-9 height, add in Kopp at 6-7, and either Boo or Berry, and that is one long, athletic lineup.
One play that stood out to me for Nance was in the second half when he found himself with the ball at the top of the key with the shot clock winding down. He drove left around his man and used his length to get a finger roll layup. It was mostly a desperation play because the shot clock was about to expire, but it was also a really great play. As the ball went in, I instantly wondered if Nance had an a-ha moment, realizing he can score like that at this level. I hadn't seen him take it to the rim that assertively before, but I hope he now realizes he can do it!

Agree. Nance is still growing into his body and figuring out how to play against higher-level players — he still seems a bit surprised at what happens when/if he tries to drive around his man. But he's very quick for a guy his size, so I think as he gets more comfortable there's a lot of room for him to turn fall-away jumpers into fowls going to the basket, hook shots into finger rolls, and finger rolls into dunks.

As that happens, it'll be easier for him to reliably stuff the stat sheet every game.

One play that stood out to me for Nance was in the second half when he found himself with the ball at the top of the key with the shot clock winding down. He drove left around his man and used his length to get a finger roll layup. It was mostly a desperation play because the shot clock was about to expire, but it was also a really great play. As the ball went in, I instantly wondered if Nance had an a-ha moment, realizing he can score like that at this level. I hadn't seen him take it to the rim that assertively before, but I hope he now realizes he can do it!

ADVERTISEMENT