ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: Northwestern's 2021 football team would be a 13 seed in a 64-team tournament

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
A couple of weeks old, but:

1 seed: Ohio State
3 seed: Wisconsin
4 seed: Penn State, Iowa
6 seed: Michigan
7 seed: Indiana
8 seed: Nebraska, Minnesota
9 seed: Maryland
11 seed: Purdue

Yes, this means NU is considered 11 out of 14 Big Ten teams. Michigan State a 16 seed. Rutgers and Illinois not listed.

Talk about "no respect". Are we the fighting Rece Davises, or the fighting Rodney Dangerfields?

Well we lost our QB and perhaps more talent than any NU team in memory. So let's just prove that we can reload.

A couple of weeks old, but:

1 seed: Ohio State
3 seed: Wisconsin
4 seed: Penn State, Iowa
6 seed: Michigan
7 seed: Indiana
8 seed: Nebraska, Minnesota
9 seed: Maryland
11 seed: Purdue

Yes, this means NU is considered 11 out of 14 Big Ten teams. Michigan State a 16 seed. Rutgers and Illinois not listed.

And, of course, get crushed in the first round.

I saw another article showing us as one of the teams taking a step back this year, because of personnel losses, but also schedule...in part because Nebraska and Michigan have to be better, right? Right?

All of these Nostra-dumb asses that keep picking those two (and Texas et al) want to be eventually right.

And, of course, get crushed in the first round.

I saw another article showing us as one of the teams taking a step back this year, because of personnel losses, but also schedule...in part because Nebraska and Michigan have to be better, right? Right?

All of these Nostra-dumb asses that keep picking those two (and Texas et al) want to be eventually right.

Predictions v. Finishes is a pretty good topic for petty outrage.

Over the last 6 years, the pre-season sportswriters’ poll has picked teams to finish in the top 2 in the division as follows:
Wisconsin 4, Neb 3, Iowa 3, Minnesota 1, NU 1

Top 2 finishes, where tie for second is calculated as fraction:
Wisconsin 3 5/6, NU 3 1/2, Iowa 2 5/6, Minnesota 1, Nebraska 1/2, Purdue 1/3.

Interestingly, the only year the writers picked the Cats in the top 2, they finished fourth, and so NU was not picked to finish at the top any of the four years they did.

The Cats were chosen to finish in the bottom 2 twice.

The bottom 2 finishes, by the way, were:
Illinois 4.5, Purdue 3.5, Minnesota 2, Nebraska 1, NU 1.

As a last observation, Wisconsin and Iowa have attained at least a tie for top 3 in the Division every year for the last 6. The Cats have done that 4 times, Minnesota, Purdue and Nebraska 1 each.

I think if I was picking the B1G West without knowing a returning roster, I would make sure Wisconsin, Iowa and the Cats were in my top 3, and knowing the rosters, would still be certain to pick Iowa and Wisconsin in the top 3.

Last edited:
We lost both starting DE’s(Brown&Leota), 2 of the Best LBs we’ve had, starting Safety, Best Corner, 2 top WR’s AND our QB! Besides we are always better when the expectations are low! Reload time! We will surprise everyone again this year.

We lost both starting DE’s(Brown&Leota), 2 of the Best LBs we’ve had, starting Safety, Best Corner, 2 top WR’s AND our QB! Besides we are always better when the expectations are low! Reload time! We will surprise everyone again this year.
Not to be pedantic, but Leota only started one game last season, Illinois when NU was short tackles. Adebawore started all 9 opposite EBIV at DE.....

Not to be pedantic, but Leota only started one game last season, Illinois when NU was short tackles. Adebawore started all 9 opposite EBIV at DE.....

. Fair enough....One starting DE and the Team Leader in Sacks! 😎

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT