ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Hull: Poor man’s Christian McCaffrey?

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
Watching Hull’s improvement this year, particularly in doing damage on short passes, and with Fitz using him to return kicks (or at least fair catches), Iwas trying to think who he reminded me of, and it occurred to me that he is being used much the way Stanford used McCaffrey. I went back and watched some clips, and Hull does the a lot of the same things, albeit with a little less explosiveness. McCaffrey benefitted from a very powerful OL; neither is really a power runner. Both have great hands. Watching the clips Hull is not too shabby in comparison, though clearly not at the same top end level.

I would love to see Evan continue to rack up 200 or so yards per game. I would also love to see Jake give him an option to throw a pass once in a while as defenses collapse on him.

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
Watching Hull’s improvement this year, particularly in doing damage on short passes, and with Fitz using him to return kicks (or at least fair catches), Iwas trying to think who he reminded me of, and it occurred to me that he is being used much the way Stanford used McCaffrey. I went back and watched some clips, and Hull does the a lot of the same things, albeit with a little less explosiveness. McCaffrey benefitted from a very powerful OL; neither is really a power runner. Both have great hands. Watching the clips Hull is not too shabby in comparison, though clearly not at the same top end level.

I would love to see Evan continue to rack up 200 or so yards per game. I would also love to see Jake give him an option to throw a pass once in a while as defenses collapse on him.

I really like Evan. He’s improved a lot this year, and is clearly our primary weapon. 200 yards receiving out of the backfield is awesome.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT