ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Hull

I bet Blake Anderson is kicking himself for fumbling that ball.

Coastal Carolina put up 65 points on these guys. I’m not willing to anoint him just yet.
They still have scholarship players who want to win. Nice game by Hull - would love to see a repeat performance against the Goofers.

Reactions: rmndcat
They still have scholarship players who want to win. Nice game by Hull - would love to see a repeat performance against the Goofers.
Agreed. Really nice game. I’m just not sure I’m ready to give him Jonathan Taylor status. I just was looking at the UMass scores shocked to see the teams and the points that have been put up against them.

Both. Hull shows promise. Good size, speed, vision and balance. Ayeni was right to push to offer him late last recruiting season.
To Hull's credit, when everyone else was injured he was able to put together a nice game albeit against weak competition. So when the chips were down he showed he was worth a scholarship. OTOH, I'm not sure he will hold his own against B1G competition with out significant further development.

Reactions: Titanium999
I love that he still has 4 years of eligibility after this season. Statistically, he may be the top "returning frosh" RB in the nation next year!

I love that he still has 4 years of eligibility after this season. Statistically, he may be the top "returning frosh" RB in the nation next year!

He's played 3 games, with 2 left. Unless he sits out a game against either Minny or LOLinois, he will burn his shirt.

Dude... that was UMass.
Oh come on. You gotta be kidding. I hope.
Wasn't Tom Brady discovered as the starter/star when Bledsoe got hurt for NE?? Nobody knew how good they would have it. Let me fantasize with our fifth stringer who had a great game against a defense that is probably worse than Evanston hs?? Let's see how he does next week vs Minny. Maybe they'll be depressed from losing to Iowa today??

Reminds me of a raw potential C Mccaffrey?? I know that is premature and it is only one game, but gosh...that would be cool if he actually is that good??
Yeah. It would be pretty cool if we had the best player in the NFL on our team. I’d take that.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
He is Christian Mccaffrey 2.0
Unfortunately, he was 4th string and would have never seen the field at our powerhouse program if not for 3 injuries, one player who quit (moten was solid but its all about politics), and 1 player fumbling all the time.

Listen, I'm happy for the kid. But to think he would have gained even 30 yards against the tough BIG defenses is fantasy. He is small and slow - which seems to be par for Fitz's recruits these days. He benefited from playing against the worst defense in college football and because the only play our offense could execute was a straight hand off to the RB.

Reactions: DarthCat
Listen, I'm happy for the kid. But to think he would have gained even 30 yards against the tough BIG defenses is fantasy. He is small and slow - which seems to be par for Fitz's recruits these days. He benefited from playing against the worst defense in college football and because the only play our offense could execute was a straight hand off to the RB.
5th best day ever, for a NU back. One for the history books. Should be an instant starter at QB with the wildcat.

5th best day ever, for a NU back. One for the history books. Should be an instant starter at QB with the wildcat.
What are you talking about??? Hull's rushing yardage was the 12th best single game for an NU back. But it was the second best by a First Year back, trailing only Tyrell Sutton's 244 against Wisconsin in 2005. Hull's 9.2 yds/carry would rank #1 if he had 1 more carry (minimum of 25).

Reactions: DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT