ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody Go Long!

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
My at-the-half Cotton Bowl report:
Clemson and ND are basically evenly matched — except that Clemson has hit three downfield shots* (and drawn a few PIs as well).

I read that Trevor Lawrence was elevated to the starting role for Clemson precisely because Dabo liked the way he threw a deep ball.

Now, Hunter, of course, ranked *behind* Lawrence on the depth chart, which is the reason he’s at NU, but I am confident that his aptitude with the deep ball was part of the reason Dabo and everybody was interested, and part of the reason he was so highly rated.

What I’m saying is, I think Skowronek is an All-American next year.

It’s good to chuck it from time-to-time. Better if you think you might even complete it.

*This is like saying that Barry Sanders only averaged 3.2 ypc if you take away those 72-yarders, I know...

Clemson and ND are basically evenly matched — except that Clemson has hit three downfield shots* (and drawn a few PIs as well).

I read that Trevor Lawrence was elevated to the starting role for Clemson precisely because Dabo liked the way he threw a deep ball.

Now, Hunter, of course, ranked *behind* Lawrence on the depth chart, which is the reason he’s at NU, but I am confident that his aptitude with the deep ball was part of the reason Dabo and everybody was interested, and part of the reason he was so highly rated.

It’s good to chuck it from time-to-time. Better if you think you might even complete it.

*This is like saying that Barry Sanders only averaged 3.2 ypc if you take away those 72-yarders, I know...

If a couple of the guys coming in next year can stretch the field a bit, Bennett will be that much more effective. I wish he had about one more tick of speed because he catches the ball as well as any end I've ever seen at NU.

ND must be shell shocked at all these long completions. The only TD pass of more than 20 yards they gave up all year before today is named Riley Lees.

Reactions: NUCat320 and NJCat
If a couple of the guys coming in next year can stretch the field a bit, Bennett will be that much more effective. I wish he had about one more tick of speed because he catches the ball as well as any end I've ever seen at NU.
To me the extra tick we need is on the OL.

ND's lockdown cover corner was hurt when Clemsson scored those 3 TDs. Not saying it would have made a difference but they were clearly a different team on D without him...

Reactions: Alan Smithee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT