ADVERTISEMENT

Everything is fine

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Helen-Dumpster-Fire-6-645x645.jpg

The ignore feature is your friend.
Ignore is the friend of those who can’t handle the CanManTRUTH.

Mob: Give ‘em hell, Catman!
CatMan: I don’t give them hell. I give them the truth, and they think it’s hell.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Ignore is the friend of those who can’t handle the CanManTRUTH.

Mob: Give ‘em hell, Catman!
CatMan: I don’t give them hell. I give them the truth, and they think it’s hell.

That's what Felis used to say.

Hmmm....

That's what Felis used to say.

Hmmm....
Now that you mention it… I am… fighting the urge… to post… CCC’s conference win loss records! EEEERGH!

Off to walk the dog instead. Going to need a long hike to fight off this felissilvestris virus that I feel coming on.

Now that you mention it… I am… fighting the urge… to post… CCC’s conference win loss records! EEEERGH!

Off to walk the dog instead. Going to need a long hike to fight off this felissilvestris virus that I feel coming on.
Oh go ahead and post it.
Facts are facts.
How bad can it be?
Think about your dog - sometimes he needs to take a dump and you have to clean it up. Thats part of being a dog owner. Most of the time your 4 legged friend is great to be around - having fun, chasing the stick, barking at any perceived threats, adding something positive to your life.

But imagine if your dog had to constantly take a dump. He still looks good, but he always has to take a dump and you always have to deal with it. He's leaving messes in your beautiful new workout facilities. Cat people look on in embarrassment... A depressing year goes by, then another... After awhile, unless you are a saint or a martyr, you are looking for a way to get rid of that dog. I mean, sure, you can hope he gets better, but only the eternal optimists believe that....

know what I'm saying?

If I wanted attention then this is one of the last places I would go on the internet. There are maybe a dozen regular posters on this board.
Yea, it's a shame people have gone out of their way to divide what little basketball discussion there was out here.

They say they want to improve the site, but they have no real interest in growing the community. In fact, they flat out want to limit it. It's an odd direction for people who supposedly care about the site and enhancing the discussion. But so be it.

Yea, it's a shame people have gone out of their way to divide what little basketball discussion there was out here.

They say they want to improve the site, but they have no real interest in growing the community. In fact, they flat out want to limit it. It's an odd direction for people who supposedly care about the site and enhancing the discussion. But so be it.

You know my stance.

You know my stance.
Yes. You've said it just a couple times.

I can understand that you want to improve the quality of the discussion, but there are many, many steps that could have been taken long before the basketball discussion fell to a level you didn't like. Whatever little group has influence on this thing never:

1) Made a strong, on-going (more than a few months) attempt to improve the basketball content and the discussion.
2) Made any kind of attempt to police the people you, me and generally most of the people have a problem with.
3) Took steps to build traffic, and the subsequent discussion.

So if the influencers aren't going to take those simple steps, then you're just splintering an INCREDIBLY limited audience.

I don't agree that segmenting a very small group is a path to improving the site and the discussion. It's simply self-indulgently taking your ball and running home. And if I were Lou, I sure wouldn't be fond of it as a way to improve traffic on my site. I think we're already seeing the early results.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Oh go ahead and post it.
Facts are facts.
How bad can it be?
Think about your dog - sometimes he needs to take a dump and you have to clean it up. Thats part of being a dog owner. Most of the time your 4 legged friend is great to be around - having fun, chasing the stick, barking at any perceived threats, adding something positive to your life.

But imagine if your dog had to constantly take a dump. He still looks good, but he always has to take a dump and you always have to deal with it. He's leaving messes in your beautiful new workout facilities. Cat people look on in embarrassment... A depressing year goes by, then another... After awhile, unless you are a saint or a martyr, you are looking for a way to get rid of that dog. I mean, sure, you can hope he gets better, but only the eternal optimists believe that....

know what I'm saying?
No one (probably including you) know what you are saying. Or is it that you are the dog?

No one (probably including you) know what you are saying. Or is it that you are the dog?
The dog was meant to be Coach Collins.
The dog owner was meant to be Northwestern.

I guess I could drag it out even further by saying that the dog actually LOOKS good - good pedigree, seems like he'd be a great dog, but then he takes another dump in the house. He has all these great toys but he just doesn't know what to do with them and the house starts to smell...

But I'm going to move on. I think we are going to finish in the upper half of the Big Ten this year - there's just too much talent on the roster and hopefully Collins will use his players more effectively. Even if he hasn't learned a thing, we're going to be a 500 team in the league.

Reactions: ctsfn
The dog was meant to be Coach Collins.
The dog owner was meant to be Northwestern.

I guess I could drag it out even further by saying that the dog actually LOOKS good - good pedigree, seems like he'd be a great dog, but then he takes another dump in the house. He has all these great toys but he just doesn't know what to do with them and the house starts to smell...

But I'm going to move on. I think we are going to finish in the upper half of the Big Ten this year - there's just too much talent on the roster and hopefully Collins will use his players more effectively. Even if he hasn't learned a thing, we're going to be a 500 team in the league.
Huh? My dog is a German Shepherd.

Huh? My dog is a German Shepherd.

My dog has to take a dump every day. I walk her to do it. And she actually won a dog show once. Well, she was worst in show, but she won a shiny new bowl for it.

Now, my previous dog used to eat other dog's crap. That was a problem. She lived for 13 years.
But, I actually loved her so the analogy isn't perfect.

But true story, in the case of both dogs.

My dog has to take a dump every day. I walk her to do it. And she actually won a dog show once. Well, she was worst in show, but she won a shiny new bowl for it.

Now, my previous dog used to eat other dog's crap. That was a problem. She lived for 13 years.
But, I actually loved her so the analogy isn't perfect.

But true story, in the case of both dogs.
Don't you guys eat the dogs over there ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT