ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution of a Recruiting Strategy.

Purple Pile Driver

Gold Member
May 14, 2014
Anywhere but the Rant Board
Thought I would start a new thread on this topic since it seems to have permeated throughout recent recruiting news. Simply put, does the “first come, first served” approach get modified if the future?

I have always been a proponent of how there is no bait and switch BS in our approach. We want a player, we offer, they commit, we honor our word, and we expect the same. However, it does seem that every year we miss out on 1-2 guys that we would be very excited to get just because they need a little longer to pull the trigger. Rouse is the topic of this thought now. Granted, the two prospects scheduled to visit appear close in ability’s. Jaylen Franklin was another kid last year that just moved to slow.

We continue to offer better prospects and this year we offered quite a few more National level recruits. Didn’t have a lot of success there, but I like us throwing our hat in the ring. It will eventually break through. So it seems like we a walking a tightrope on waiting for the studs and offering on the next level down before we miss the boat there. So, GCG, CSC being on the inside, ( or anyone else) do you see NU changing in offering in waves, first top 300 type, second, the guys typically in our wheelhouse in terms of location and peer offers, and third, the sleepers ready to pop on the scene? Maybe, I just described what we currently do? Do you think offer less prospects in the future and wait a bit longer for a decision? Personally, I am happy at the approach but are some tweaks necessary to land the top 300 guys?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News