ADVERTISEMENT

Excellent Article on Football Reopening

Thanks for sharing. Two comments:

1. Why does the ND AD get so much press here? They’re not in any conference. ( OK, this is a rhetorical question. ND just bugs me to no end. )
2. Mr. Warren keeping his cards close to his chest. Little to say. Probably wise.

funny quote here: “I would say I’m a little more optimistic today than I was two weeks ago,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby says. “Some of that is having been on the calls with the White House. One of the things we heard is that it’s expected that testing nationally is going to double every month from now on.” (because everything they say is true? I know, I know, wrong board.

Also, re-iterating, we will have no trouble maintaining social distancing at our games, except in the rest rooms

funny quote here: “I would say I’m a little more optimistic today than I was two weeks ago,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby says. “Some of that is having been on the calls with the White House. One of the things we heard is that it’s expected that testing nationally is going to double every month from now on.” (because everything they say is true? I know, I know, wrong board.

Also, re-iterating, we will have no trouble maintaining social distancing at our games, except in the rest rooms

I’ve seen plenty of games at Ryan Field at or close to capacity. Are you trying to be funny here?

Reactions: FeralFelidae
That was an interesting article in that it is the reflections of some really smart guys who have resources to cut through the political posturing and try to get to some kind of view of reality. Of course their bias is that they would like to play ball.

I found the quote about how much has been learned in the past 50 days and how much will be learned in the next 50 days (sorry I couldn't copy and paste it for some reason) to be interesting. I think we really will learn a lot in the next 50 days. States have started opening up. Some people are opening up more than others and some are being more careful than others. Seems to me in about two to three weeks we will see the results and we will know if we can deal with it.
Here in Utah, where some things have been open all along, we have seen a consistent 20% increase in cases each week state wide but the communities hit harder early have seen the increase drop to 3-5% each week.

Reactions: AtlantaCat

Chicago papers reporting today that hospitals and testing sites running out of kits. Can't imagine having thousands of tests available for football players and that goes for MLB as well. Optimism from calls with the White House. He's kidding, right?

Reactions: Aging Booster
Chicago papers reporting today that hospitals and testing sites running out of kits. Can't imagine having thousands of tests available for football players and that goes for MLB as well. Optimism from calls with the White House. He's kidding, right?

The Chicago papers are yellow journalism at its finest.

And the NFL, NBA, MLB can buy testing from private companies, just like the Bundesliga is doing.

And CFB is absolutely going to be played, at least regionally. Anyone who thinks the SEC won't play clearly has not spent any time in the South. And they'll have the full support of Trump obviously.

The West coast, Northeast, and Illinois probably don't play. But the rest of the country will and the NCAA has already said it's in the hands of state/local authorities, who means a green light for places like Bama and GA

The Chicago papers are yellow journalism at its finest.

And the NFL, NBA, MLB can buy testing from private companies, just like the Bundesliga is doing.

And CFB is absolutely going to be played, at least regionally. Anyone who thinks the SEC won't play clearly has not spent any time in the South. And they'll have the full support of Trump obviously.

The West coast, Northeast, and Illinois probably don't play. But the rest of the country will and the NCAA has already said it's in the hands of state/local authorities, who means a green light for places like Bama and GA
Sorry,but I beg to differ! No wants to see college football more than Wrassler! I bleed purple. But the children and school aged kids are going to take priority! I can see nearly all elementary and junior high schools taking enormous precautions! And it still won’t stop the spread of the virus! A real problem for all of humanity. Wait till a 300 pound offensive line guy from some sec school comes back from practice sweating like a ghost! All hell is gonna break loose in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT