ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp

I thought everyone at NU was dork unless you were in Sigma Chi.

Johnson is playing DE from what I've seen and not DT.

The first DE group is Johnson, Tommy, McLaughlin, and O'Rourke. I understand that the one deep only has two DEs listed. Semantics.

Pate is not in the picture in terms of playing time. Coleman, Hubbard and Cameron are ahead.

DT
1. Holmes is for-sure starter.
2. Butler started during the first week but was on the Mangieri rehab plan this week.
3. Next two: Story and Spencer.
4. Next two: Olges and Flakes.
5. Last two which I didn't see in the scrimmage but are full strength: Firestone, Barndt
6. Gold - looks like he's on the path to playing shortly based on the other players that he was working with the first week.

Also, expect a bunch of DE to play some DT including McLaughlin and O'Rourke, and maybe Tomi as CoralSpringsCat says on passing downs.

Give Pate some time to acclimate to the system. Don’t forget he enrolled later and missed all of Spring Ball. He’s still learning, I would expect his role to increase as practice progresses and we get closer to the season.

It’s also a bit of a “you gotta earn your spot” thing…guys just don’t walk in and get anointed a starter…not fair to those that have been working hard all off-season. The new guys have to show something before the move up the depth chart. This could be the case at OG as well.

Reactions: ricko654321
Wait a minute, don't mean to be a dork, just need to clarify this. Above you have four guys listed in the DE rotation, the four we all expect (Pate would be the fifth) .... except that we have heard - I think from you - that O'Rourke has moved inside to DT. Is he now taking reps outside?

And then in your second sentence, you name Pate and the others as "second string". When actually, O'Rourke and either McLaughin or Johnson are second string. There can't be four DE "starters". Pate and the other guys are third string.

So specifically, I'm asking: Johnson is playing DE, right? Not DT. And did you indeed see O'Rourke lining up and taking reps at DE, NOT at DT?

Fans wanna know.
Stop whining at the one guy who has been providing interesting info from his lakefill walks. And everyone should stop getting so fired up about what group might be playing with the 1’s on a given day. These things can change. Be appreciative of the intel and calm down a bit. Fall practice is fall practice. It’s very important! But we will see who the true 1’s are on Aug 27. And more importantly, we will see how they perform against B1G competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT