ADVERTISEMENT

Father of Wildcat Football

ChappyCat

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2015
Michigan
Happy Fathers Day Wildcat dads!

In honor of this day, let’s hear who YOU consider to be the Father of Wildcat Football?

In another sense, Coach Walter McCornack for getting success started. Coach Fitz for helping bring NU Football to the “next level” in so many ways

Walter McCornack=Great great grandfather
Pappy Waldorf=Great grandfather
Ara =Grandfather
Gary Barnett=Father
This is the right take for current day.

In the future, post-Fitz, Fitz'll be known as the modern day "Father" of the program more permanently and the others as a predecessor step up. Of course, hopefully that day is a couple decades away.

Reactions: ChappyCat
This is the right take for current day.

In the future, post-Fitz, Fitz'll be known as the modern day "Father" of the program more permanently and the others as a predecessor step up. Of course, hopefully that day is a couple decades away.
Are you old enough to remember Strotz?

Context: Athletics were regarded as anti-intellectual and antithetical to the aspirations in some quarters of Northwestern to be regarded as the Harvard of the Midwest. The University of Chicago’s decision to leave Division I athletics was regarded as the proper course for a truly serious academic institution.

Are you old enough to remember Strotz?
I am... the man who didn’t do much to help NU football (putting it lightly).

I know Dennis Green did a lot in spite of administration and culture, but not sure I See the merit to honor him as the father of NU football. Please explain though

I am... the man who didn’t do much to help NU football (putting it lightly).

I know Dennis Green did a lot in spite of administration and culture, but not sure I See the merit to honor him as the father of NU football. Please explain though

Dennis was the equivalent of the EMT of NU football. He gave it CPR and gave it a pulse.

I kind of think of Barnett as mom's third ex-husband who we all sorta liked...but he wasn't here long enough for any of us to call him "dad."

This is probably the stupidest post I’ve ever read on this board. You “sorta liked” the coach that lead us to the Rose Bowl? Wow.
Oh, for goodness sake. The stupidest ever? When I read it I laughed. It was funny.

ADVERTISEMENT