ADVERTISEMENT

Finally, an article listing Fitz on the hot seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet that makes you happy.
This is the crap that really draws the line and the vitriol between the two camps. Those calling for changes aren’t happy. At all. They are frustrated, angry, sad about the state of affairs and expect, demand better. And in the sporting world, that often means changes in leadership.

They are the ultimate against participation trophies. I would argue they are truer fans as they seek major changes to pursue better results.

So no, I don’t think golden boy being called out in the media to put up or get out makes phat happy. He, and most of us, would rather be celebrating and talking about our Bowl victory, and transfer commit successes, and the fear and turmoil our program is raining down on Illinois. But that’s not our reality.

Thing I have been waiting on:
1) a Reddit article putting Fitz on the hot seat
2) Godot
3) a good chicken schwarma recipe
We know you are not waiting for Godot, since we know you won't show up when he doesn't arrive

Last edited:
Well, kinda my point about worrying about media portrayals of Fitz.

But the chicken schwarma need is real…
With the media gone, the coverage on media days non existent and season ticket sales dropping with a new stadium on the horizon - the real litmus test will be how much purple sped up in the stadium next year.

If it becomes a sea of the other color on another crap season, money will force changes. Let PF play it like he is not on a hot seat. His schtick is wearing thinner every losing Saturday.

With the media gone, the coverage on media days non existent and season ticket sales dropping with a new stadium on the horizon - the real litmus test will be how much purple sped up in the stadium next year.

If it becomes a sea of the other color on another crap season, money will force changes. Let PF play it like he is not on a hot seat. His schtick is wearing thinner every losing Saturday.
With regard to Fitz’s job security, there is basically one opinion that matters. I fail to see the point about seeking validation in the media.

With regard to Fitz’s job security, there is basically one opinion that matters. I fail to see the point about seeking validation in the media.
Media helps bring in the fans, thus $$$$$. Want to bring in the media for free publicity, you better put a better product on the field. $$$$ is the bottom line any more. Can't blame Bajakian if Fitz is hobbling him with the moronic adherence to a ball control offense, which will not bring in top talent, or work against the bigger opponents.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Media helps bring in the fans, thus $$$$$. Want to bring in the media for free publicity, you better put a better product on the field. $$$$ is the bottom line any more. Can't blame Bajakian if Fitz is hobbling him with the moronic adherence to a ball control offense, which will not bring in top talent, or work against the bigger opponents.
I think winning matters more than media coverage by an order of magnitude. Maybe two. And winning generates the media coverage that matters. Influential sports media has almost zero interest in losers. “Hot seat” lists are the domain of fringe writers trying to get some exposure without doing any work.

That one opinion belongs to an individual that is 85 years old. Wonder what happens to the program when he is no longer around?
While it often is made out to be that simple, virtually all of the power brokers at NU are in Fitz's camp; every big donor is a Fitz guy. They all want it to work.

Fitz's job is secure.

Yes we had 1 coordinator hire that didn't work out and the other is on the hot seat. But that doesn't have a bearing on Fitz given length and success of his tenure.

He's earned a long runway to make changes and turn it around.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
This is the crap that really draws the line and the vitriol between the two camps. Those calling for changes aren’t happy. At all. They are frustrated, angry, sad about the state of affairs and expect, demand better. And in the sporting world, that often means changes in leadership.

They are the ultimate against participation trophies. I would argue they are truer fans as they seek major changes to pursue better results.

So no, I don’t think golden boy being called out in the media to put up or get out makes phat happy. He, and most of us, would rather be celebrating and talking about our Bowl victory, and transfer commit successes, and the fear and turmoil our program is raining down on Illinois. But that’s not our reality.
Cool.

The “true fans” argument is a bigger canard than the Steele Dossier.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I think winning matters more than media coverage by an order of magnitude. Maybe two. And winning generates the media coverage that matters. Influential sports media has almost zero interest in losers. “Hot seat” lists are the domain of fringe writers trying to get some exposure without doing any work.
We got neither so….

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT