ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread for Northwestern-Nebraska

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
There were lots of tickets available on the street for this one. This game is officially a sellout (all the tickets are sold), but I think they're going to have some empty seats today. That's typically a very rare occurrence at Memorial Stadium but not this season.

It's still a phenomenal game day atmosphere, though. I was at the Embassy Suites, where the cheerleaders and marching band come out and the Fairbury Franks Weiner Slinger shoots hot dogs into the air. I went to the tailgate lots where tens of thousands of Husker fans in all kinds of RVs are just happy to welcome anyone in purple.

And the NU band made the trip today.

Reactions: FloridAlum
Beautiful opening drive. Thorson just had a key block on Jackson’s TD run... this team appears to be gelling for a bowl run.

I hope Lees is OK.

Reactions: DopeTonic
Oof. He had all the time in the world there but didn’t see #46 underneath... bad decision there by Thorson.

At least it’s deep in UNL territory and that so far they have no pass rush. Let’s go D!

doc needs to do something about this 4th and short situations..

A missed tackle on the first one. How about not rush 3 on 3rd down and maybe we won't have 4th downs. Still really like our chances in this one so far.

Reactions: ara-era
Typical Northwestern defense.... afraid to rush the QB.... let him have all day to wait for someone to come open. What happened the one time we brought more than 4? We got a pick. The rest of time? Neb goes down the field.

Typical Northwestern defense.... afraid to rush the QB.... let him have all day to wait for someone to come open. What happened the one time we brought more than 4? We got a pick. The rest of time? Neb goes down the field.

Hank is basically challenging Lee to execute all day to win. I happen to agree with the strategy. Don’t know that he can.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Hank is basically challenging Lee to execute all day to win. I happen to agree with the strategy. Don’t know that he can.
Well.... I know he can't execute when there is a man in his face, but so far evidence suggests he's fine when he has 10 seconds back there.

ADVERTISEMENT