ADVERTISEMENT

First half thread for Northwestern-Nebraska

did anyone expect anything different.10 years and counting,ugh.
Let's be clear.... there is no way in hell we want to lose Fitz as head coach despite boneheaded moves like this. NU is not a powerhouse program. We try another coach and we become Indiana or Purdue in a heartbeat. No thank you!

Reactions: Fitz51
He's not a good game day coach. Good rah rah and fundraising. Good recruiter. Good at shouting like Joe Swanson. Good at running a clean program.

Bad decisions

Let's not reach sweeping conclusions. He made two bad decisions today but I would not go as far as calling him a bad game day coach.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I literally, and I do mean literally, think maybe Fitz fundamentally doesn't understand clock management strategy.

Cant wait for us to lose this game by two and 100% if the media questions ask about his clock management, and then he gets snippy about it like a pouting child.

Reactions: IGNORE2 and phatcat
7 yards on the JJ run is about as good as you could expect. Makes no sense to not gameplan for a timeout on a run of more than 5 yards or so. What a waste.

I still thought Kuhbander would make it.

Let's smash them in the mouth to start the second half.

Most inexcusable clock management and play calling. You get a pick, a free shot at scoring before halftime, 2 time-outs, and you run 2 running plays, a short pass and a LONG missed FG, AND leave 1 timeout on the table.

Complete coaching fail.

Isn’t it football 101 when you get a turnover in opposing territory you take a shot at the end zone? Worst that happens is they pick it off deep and probably don’t have time to score.

Nope, our choice is an option run followed by wasting 20 seconds.

Maybe Thorson should’ve taken it upon himself to call timeout.

In other news, Iowa is a few yards away from going up two TDs vs. Ohio State...34 seconds left on the clock...three TOLs...let's see if Kirk does his best Fitz...

Only defensible position is Fitz thought there was only one TO but even that’s not defensible.

I have a bad feeling that squandering a scoring opportunity is going to really haunt us.

If we got a TD strike there, then another TD to open up the second half then we’re winning going away. Now we have very little margin for error, this being a road game.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Tv reporter says Fitz told her he screwed up. Multitasking took away his attention. WOW

Jesus Thorson is killing us. This should confirm for those blaming the OL, his problem is NOT the OL. He’s had plenty of time all day. And is missing many many throws badly.

Let's be clear.... there is no way in hell we want to lose Fitz as head coach despite boneheaded moves like this. NU is not a powerhouse program. We try another coach and we become Indiana or Purdue in a heartbeat. No thank you!
We dont need fitz. The program has moved past him. $300 million facility, anyone could recruit better. He actually is holding this program back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT