ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-MSU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
It's a gray day in Evanston and it looks like the crowd is going to be quite a bit thinner than last week. There's a little bit of wind going west to east. 40 degrees. They just had some parachutists come down with flags. Pretty cool.

You beat our D by throwing it (especially on early downs). Great play calling by them so far

It's a gray day in Evanston and it looks like the crowd is going to be quite a bit thinner than last week. There's a little bit of wind going west to east. 40 degrees. They just had some parachutists come down with flags. Pretty cool.
I'm pretty sure their left tackle had a big hold on their big pass play. Regardless not a great start. It looks like we'll need big days out of Jackson & Thorson...

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
No pass rush is giving their guy all day. Not sure why we are allergic to blitzing, but I don't remember many.

I feel like Hank plays soft at the beginning of every game and then makes some miraculous adjustments and shuts the opposition down.

Gonna be a long day with no pass rush and leaving gaps for qb to escape

Great play calling by MSU, and Lewerke is impressive.

Defense totally outclassed with numerous breakdowns. Offense kills itself with a mindless turnover. Typical Fitz coached team to start the game. But for the MSU fumble, we're down 14-0 and at risk of getting blown out.

GOUNUII

Paddy Fisher with two forced fumbles on back to back plays, the second resulting in a much needed turnover deep in our redzone. This guy is going to be our next All American LB!

Defense totally outclassed with numerous breakdowns. Offense kills itself with a mindless turnover. Typical Fitz coached team to start the game. But for the MSU fumble, we're down 14-0 and at risk of getting blown out.

GOUNUII
But for the NU turnover it's 7-7 or 7-3. Both offenses moving the ball

I like that Clayton is taking the underneath receiver and moving down the field.

Clayton completely misreads the read option and takes a critical loss. That was terrible. The end was standing completely still, staring at him and he keeps the ball. Did the same thing once last week. WTF?!?

Clayton completely misreads the read option and takes a critical loss. That was terrible. The end was standing completely still, staring at him and he keeps the ball. Did the same thing once last week. WTF?!?
CT can not do the read option just accept it.
His instincts turn off when he is scrambling.

Reactions: kreggk

I really think he decides before the play starts. He has made the wrong read a few times a game

Ok here we go. 3rd and 9. We will rush 3 drop 8 Get no pressure and qb will run for 1 st down

ADVERTISEMENT