ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Duke

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
On College GameDay, Kirk Herbstreit said that Northwestern was a team that "has a chance to win seven, maybe eight games." Honestly, if the Cats win seven or eight, I'll be disappointed.

I saw the Daily's tweet that McShepard did not make the trip and Hartage and Almasri are NU's only healthy corners today. That's unbelievable. Duke is going to go after Moe all day, though we may see Queiro play some corner, with McGee moving to safety.

This game was going to be a challenge to begin with. It just got a lot more difficult.

On College GameDay, Kirk Herbstreit said that Northwestern was a team that "has a chance to win seven, maybe eight games." Honestly, if the Cats win seven or eight, I'll be disappointed.

I saw the Daily's tweet that McShepard did not make the trip and Hartage and Almasri are NU's only healthy corners today. That's unbelievable. Duke is going to go after Moe all day, though we may see Queiro play some corner, with McGee moving to safety.

This game was going to be a challenge to begin with. It just got a lot more difficult.
Duke will take the bait and Hank has and answer!

Interesting double-superback look out of NU on that first drive, with superbacks Dickerson and Green both lining up on the same side.

I thought NU's punt was bad, giving Duke good field position, but their punt back was much worse. We won that first exchange.

Reactions: DaCat
Looks like Duke is also committed to stopping JJTBC. Good we're passing early this week.

Good rush D, but still no pressure on the QB, even sending an extra rusher.

Reactions: DopeTonic
Good blitz by Duke... CT never saw it coming. Man, we better figure out how to run the football or we'll be in trouble

That call is an absolute joke. You might as well play flag football if that is targeting. Not only was it not targeting, it wasn't a personal foul.

We gotta find an answer for the QB run by Jones.

That was a bad call on McGee. How is he supposed to tackle him. Just terrible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT