ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for the Music City Bowl

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Nashville is a great bowl city. Spent last night and today on Broadway, the main strip of NashVegas, and have been blown away. Just a great scene, lots of fans, lots of honky tonks and restaurants, lots of music. Yes, it's cold, but that doesn't seem to bother anyone. There's a LOT of Purple down here, but there will be a lot more Blue in the stadium -- about what you'd expect for a team from a neighboring state making their fifth appearance in 20 years of the game.

I stopped in at FloridAlum's Purple Party, where I saw BosCat, kaTNap, xyzbobxyz, Uber, NoChores, CoralSprings, TechTim, Just Gary, GlideCat and many others. It was great to see everyone and enjoy some great barbecue at Jack's.

I'm in the Nissan Stadium press box, which is shockingly close to the field. I've never seen anything like it. From what I understand, they're going to move the press box up when they renovate the stadium. This real estate is far too valuable for wretches like us, much more accustomed to bird's eye views from much higher.

As for the game, I'm afraid I have some bad news: Nate Hall is OUT, as Teddy just tweeted. That's not good. I'm imagine we'll see a lot more of Warren Long today.

Last edited:
Hank will adjust. Seems to me we have had weak first series before.

Apparently we haven't seen this thing called a "forward pass" that the announcers mentioned that was used in the game 90 years ago

Reactions: DaCat
Too predictable. We know they’re a run-first team, so they come out slinging. Hartage needs to step the eff up and play like a CB1.

I hope Montre Hartage arrives in time for Kentucky's next possession.

Ouch.

Well it looks like the start of a Northwestern game. How many times will we lose the game before we win it?

Better series on D although Hartage got lucky the receiver dropped that one.

Give UK a ton of credit. They are going to let their senior QB win the game for them today.

ADVERTISEMENT