ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for the Music City Bowl

Can refs be ejected? Seriously? Is there a back up ref? Not joking. That one guy has some serious money on the game. And the replay official has money the other way. There is a lot of skin on this game from the refs because otherwise it doesn't make sense. This was going to be a fun game. I'm just glad we are winning at this point.

I'd really like to know what Snell said to the ref. Once again, everybody assuming ejection was for physical contact.

The ejection is for the physical contact. I am sure he said a bunch of stuff as well but he would have only been flagged for that. That was the reason for the unsportsman like call later in the half. The ref got berated by Stoops and a bunch of their players while on the UK sideline.

The contrast in how the coaches are handling less than ideal circumstances is telling. FItz and his players are keeping their cool while Stoops and their players are loosing control. Consistent with how they behaved in their game against Louisville.

Reactions: Ch23701
The ejection is for the physical contact. I am sure he said a bunch of stuff as well but he would have only been flagged for that. That was the reason for the unsportsman like call later in the half. The ref got berated by Stoops and a bunch of their players while on the UK sideline.

The contrast in how the coaches are handling less than ideal circumstances is telling. FItz and his players are keeping their cool while Stoops and their players are loosing control. Consistent with how they behaved in their game against Louisville.

Very well said. Even after Paddy got tossed, Fitz called a TO to talk with a ref and you could see that a NU player was yelling towards the ref about something and Fitz turned around, pointed at him, and presumably said something along the lines of "stfu" lol

Lets play 30 solid minutes and get outta nashville as quickly as possible with some hardware.

Stoops related explanation from referee Helen Keller and no mention of anything Snell said. Tossed for physical contact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT